GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
8,281 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
20 Days Left

Support:

Anton Baker
New Zealand
Christchurch
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Hey all,

Checked forum posts and rule book but couldn't find the solution to this situation. So if anyone is in the know can they please help?

So, a player, "B", activates a neutral system adjacent to mine that has a PDS with Deep Space Cannon Tech. Wanting to claim the system, which has two planets, "B" sends in a lone carrier carrying two ground forces. As they move in, (our understanding is) I have the right to shoot, which I do and roll a hit, boom, carrier gone, no probs there.

But, "B" belives they can deploy the ground forces on each planet before removing the carrier thereby claiming the system. I think "B" shouldn't be able to as the carrier was shot during its movement, and "B" took the risk of moving in with only one ship, so they lose the ground forces also. Or, do carriers have automatic depolyment as soon as they move into a system?

Would be nice to know, as it does make a difference to our game. We are all new at TI3, so we can't figure this one out.

Cheers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guido Gloor
Switzerland
Ostermundigen
Bern
flag msg tools
The statement below is false.
badge
The statement above is correct.
mbmbmbmbmb
The rules specify the order in which you do things in a tactical action, on pages 10-12:

Rulebook wrote:
THE ACTIVATION SEQUENCE
1) Activate a system
2) Move ships into the system
3) PDS fire
4) Space Battle
5) Planetary Landings
6) Invasion Combat
7) Produce Units

GFs land in step 5. PDS fire in step 3. If PDS destroyed the carrier, there are no GFs that could land anymore.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anton Baker
New Zealand
Christchurch
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Mate, awesome response time and great reply. Didn't realise by reading the tactical action phase would answer it. Nice one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.