GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
8,928 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
18 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
5 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » BoardGameGeek Related » BGG General

Subject: Can I add this game (collection) to BGG? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Charles Bone
United States
Columbia
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've thrifted a game-collection-in-a-box called "52 Variety Game Chest" by Transogram, copyright 1958. This box is friggin' HUGE (complete with metal handle and latches) and contains multiple dual-sided boards covering several common games, but also has boards and rules for what I believe are several unique games. Also, the set's "anchor" is a very cool bingo number picker device called the Bass-O-, I mean Bingo-Matic, and I don't see anything like it under bingo pics. Does the Geek accept this kind of box set as a db entry? Can / should the unique games be entered individually?

I think there's some historical and unique-game interest with this game set unlike all the generic checkers-chess-backgammon sets out there.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
 Zero funds set aside for the study and preservation of
Sweden
flag msg tools
Help, I'm being held prisoner in an overtext typing facility! I don't have much time, they could find out at any m
badge
I'm that weirdo whose number of badges sold prior to yesterday Bail Organa is keeping track of
mbmb
I think Misc. Game Compendium used to be a subset of Misc. Game Accessory. Stuff with rules for many games are put in single items, not multiple ones - cf. Abbott's New Card Games or A Gamut of Games. You could try looking around to see if the games are sufficiently unique, or post rough descriptions of some of them here and see if they get recognized as traditional games. It's not uncommon for these boxes to have at least a few unique games but in most cases I don't really think it's cause to make separate entries for them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Bellevue
NE
flag msg tools
badge
mb
I have no opinion one way or the other, but for what it's worth, I think the generally accepted thought regarding things like what you have is that it's a collection of several games that are already added to the database and as such, they're not usually wanted in the database as a game entry. Whether there's a more appropriate place in BGG is not something I'm currently aware of. I'd shoot one of the Admins a geekmail about it. Probably
Scott A. Reed
United States
Lawrence
Kansas
flag msg tools
badge
mb
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
...sure...
Netherlands
Rijen
Noord Brabant
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There should be an entry for this, indeed. But a general one, not sure what to do with yours - unique games and all.

But there are a lot of boxes around with "100 Games!", "55 Games In A Box" or "Gamebox: 3294 Games!". All with chess, checkers, backgammon, parchesi, halma and dice. Thát should have a entry. To mark it owned, to get it traded, etc.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
...sure...
Netherlands
Rijen
Noord Brabant
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Here it is: Miscellaneous Game Compilation
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.