GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
7,974 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
21 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
2 Posts

Dungeons & Dragons: Wrath of Ashardalon Board Game» Forums » Rules

Subject: 6 or more players! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Rocco Privetera
United States
New York
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
So I just finished an epic 8 player game of WOA. We stuck to the rules with one exception - added the cleric, rogue, and wizard from the CR game. We played the Ashardalon adventure (the one with the mid-game extra boss).

So, here's my notes:

1. No special rules, situations, or changes were needed.
2. The game was slow as bloody hell. Easily 60-90 minutes a turn. Yes, we had a couple of new players, but still...ugh..so slow.
3. Villains became super powerful - moving every turn, any time a villain got toe to toe with player, you had them stomping on the same player eight times.
4. Monsters got all into play quickly, so monster swarms on the board became more of a threat. At one point we had nearly every monster in the game in play.
5. the "for each active hero add a monster" deal seems to have a scaling limit with the 5 players. Having a chamber open with 8 monsters plus a boss in it was lethal.

It also lampshaded how much better quinn was than the other cleric. Seriously, if I ever play CR again I'm taking quinn. The original cleric is terrible in comparison.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Khuu
Canada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Rocconteur wrote:

2. The game was slow as bloody hell. Easily 60-90 minutes a turn. Yes, we had a couple of new players, but

Yikes

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.