GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
10,385 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
14 Days Left

Support:

Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
5 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Conventions

Subject: All Day Gaming Con in Tuscaloosa, AL 4/9 rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tony Ripley
United States
Birmingham
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Greetings all!

We are having a full day gaming MegaMeetUp in Tuscaloosa,AL on April 9th at the Hilton Garden Inn. going from 09:00 to 23:00. Giant Chess too (12x12 board, 4 foot King)

Details here: http://www.meetup.com/theBBG/events/17069690/

This is the first city in the 2011 MegaMeetUp Tour D'Alabama. Upcoming cities so far are:

- Rick Wood Caverns state park (limited to 50) (Late May)
- Huntsville (summer)
- Birmingham (October)
- ??

Onward,
Tony

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Weed
United States
Memphis
Tennessee
flag msg tools
how sweet the sound...
badge
Fear The Hat !!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Would love to, but I'll be there the following weekend for the A day game and wife has company coming the weekend of the 9th, maybe I can catch one of the others.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Weed
United States
Memphis
Tennessee
flag msg tools
how sweet the sound...
badge
Fear The Hat !!!
mbmbmbmbmb
We have Gamecon here in Memphis the weekend of 9/30 - 10/2 that you may want to avoid conflicts with the Birmingham event you are planning. We would welcome you to attend, it started as a 1 day event of about 45 people just a few years back. I believe we are expecting 500+ this year and we draw from all over the Southeast. (Also, and more importantly, Bama has a home game against Vandy the weekend of the 8th).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Ripley
United States
Birmingham
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I love GameCon Memphis - been there the last 3 years. No way we will conflict with that.

This year I think i will just demo games instead of having a booth up - I get to play more that way!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Weed
United States
Memphis
Tennessee
flag msg tools
how sweet the sound...
badge
Fear The Hat !!!
mbmbmbmbmb
I lived in Birmingham (Homewood, almost across the street from where you guys meet) for 4 years. Glad you guys have a ballooning gaming group going down there. I knew Huntsville was fairly active, Montgomery much less so. I don't know if anything goes on in south Alabama, where me and my wife are from (both ends).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.