GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
8,197 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
21 Days Left

Support:

Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
3 Posts

Descent: The Road to Legend» Forums » Rules

Subject: A FEW rule questions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Cross Haven
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mb
Here is a few rule questions to reassure my playing group that I have made decent ruling in the past.

1) I thought the heroes could choose not to buy items the first week of game play and instead purchase from the market. It would only end up costing them 1 cp and give the Lt one extra move. Am I wrong? The errata states in the Descent: Journeys in the Dark Base Game Errata section.
“Buying Treasure Cards from the Shop
Heroes can only buy treasure cards from the shop if they’ve previously opened at least one chest of that color this game. For example, until the heroes open at least one silver chest, they cannot buy silver treasures from the town shop.”

2) Does leadership cost a Fatigue?

3) Can I spend one fatigue to move forward one square and then declare a Battle action to hit a target twice or strike one target then move once to strike another?
“A hero that battles may make up to 2 attacks during his turn, but receives zero movement points from the action”
“Spending Fatigue for Movement
At any time during a hero’s turn, he may spend one fatigue to gain one movement point, even if he is currently taking the battle action. This may be done as often as the hero desires. Movement points gained in this manner are spent just like normal movement points.

4) Can I play a pit trap card in the middle of the heroes move. Example, the hero chooses to move forward 4 squares and attack. Can I only play the trap after his turn is concluded on the final square or can I interrupt the action on one of the empty spaces he passes through?
“Trap Cards
The overlord uses trap cards to hinder or deal damage directly to the heroes. The overlord player may play trap cards at any time as long as the triggering conditions on the card have been met.”
“Spiked Pit
Play this card when a hero moves into an empty space.”

thank you,
crosshaven 'chessguy'

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed Rozmiarek
United States
Liberty Hill
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Crosshaven wrote:

1) I thought the heroes could choose not to buy items the first week of game play and instead purchase from the market. It would only end up costing them 1 cp and give the Lt one extra move. Am I wrong? The errata states in the Descent: Journeys in the Dark Base Game Errata section.

That FAQ answer is for the base game only. In RtL the heroes may visit the market during the first week.

Crosshaven wrote:
2) Does leadership cost a Fatigue?

I don't have the card in front of me, but I believe it does. [hazy memory on] I think there was a misprint on the card that was corrected in an expansion.[hazy memory off]

Crosshaven wrote:
3) Can I spend one fatigue to move forward one square and then declare a Battle action to hit a target twice or strike one target then move once to strike another?

Technically, you declare the battle action and then use the fatigue to move during your turn. Remember, declaring the hero's action comes before any movement or attacks.

Crosshaven wrote:
4) Can I play a pit trap card in the middle of the heroes move.

Yes you may. In fact, that's when you play most of them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M.J.E. Hendriks
Netherlands
Arnhem
Gelderland
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, Leadership costs you a fatigue.

See:
http://www.descentinthedark.com/_l_/leadership.php

edroz answered all the other questions
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.