Popular Tags: [View All]
Preston Fuller
United States
Ashland
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There is a game store somewhere in the area of Nashua/Londonderry, New Hampshire but I can't find the name. I think it is in one of the malls in that area. Does anyone happen to know of where I speak? To add to this forum, what other FLGS do people know of in the New Hampshire area? (including Southern Maine and Eastern Vermont. I am somewhat new to the area and still trying to navigate the area gaming community.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Smiles
United States
Dedham
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
admin
The ratio of people to cake is too big.
badge
Excuse me, I believe you have my stapler...
mbmbmbmbmb
There used to be a Game Keeper in the Salem Mall, but that closed over a year ago.

You should check out the Unity Games yahoo group. (try unitygames.org)

While the focus is on Eastern Mass, the territory we cover ranges from RI to Southern NH and ME.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Preston Fuller
United States
Ashland
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks I will try Unity (how I miss their CON). I used to work at Money Keeper (Game Keep). I know that is not the one and even as I worked there I was very dissapointed how we phased out more and more solid board games for party games and toys.shake

Thanks for the Unity idea.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph McSweeney
United States
Rio Rancho
New Mexico
flag msg tools
mbmb
There is a good game store in Southern Maine called Crossroad Games. The location is in Standish, Maine the number is 207-642-2616. Let me know if you are interested in attending a Friday game night in Southern Maine.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Tuttle
United States
Fitchburg
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
http://www.wizardstowergames.com/

Wizard's Tower is in Nashua. I have bought a handful of games there.

Actually I will be running some games up at the ogccon in Manchester in July.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Preston Fuller
United States
Ashland
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Tell me more about this ogccon?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Tuttle
United States
Fitchburg
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
http://www.ogc-con.com

It is a heavy D&D convention, but there are board games where I will be there running sessions of:

Puerto Rico/San Juan
Power Grid
Settlers
Ticket to Ride/Ticket to Ride Europe
Robo-Rally

...among other games.

It is running from July 29th through the 31st.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Preston Fuller
United States
Ashland
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Rob,

I took a look at it and I am only an hour away so perhaps I will go. If I may rant (not at you or even ogc-con) :

No disrespect to RPG and Miniature folks but I hate game cons that lean heavy in that direction. Board games do such a better job of inviting the newbie in and having the ability to play a game in a small time period and jump into another one. Or newbies can watch one game be played and know they can then join in the next game and know how to play it. Furthermore, if you don't like the game you joined, suffer through it for fifty minutes and then join another one.

I have been disapointed to many times at Cons with big RPG and Mini influence. Makes me feel ripped off that I spent time, money and gas to go to something that advertised board gaming and then...
Now that I ranted.

If there is going to be board gaming at this CON and it will be consistently going on with a number of games to play and choose from then I would be willing to spend the time and money to go to it. I just don't want to do all that and find myself swimming in a sea of D20 folks while trying to find three people to play a game of Settlers or Puerto Rico...I can do that at home. Let me know what you think it will be like

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Tuttle
United States
Fitchburg
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
I totally agree with you, Preston. That is why I put that caveat on my last response. I am hoping that maybe a few people can come over and say hi and play a few games. If I don't get the response this year, I'll probably not show in the future. Also I am always open to change my sessions to open gaming if no one is up for the game scheduled.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oliver Dienz
United States
Shelburne
Vermont
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
When you are interested in meeting fellow gamers in that area and other infos check out the NNEG-yahoogroup: http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/NNEG/

When you look through some older messages you will also find several posts about game stores in the NH/VT area.

Oliver

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron Taylor
United States
Henniker
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
No store locations, but Le Marshalate (a wargaming and board gaming club) meets in Nashua on the third Saturday of the month at the Oddfellows' building at 6 pm. We have traditional hex wargamers, multi-player German games, other multi-player games, and all types of railroad games. (no d&d or role playing) Le Marshalate has been around for 20+ years and we are always looking for players. If you are interested, e-mail me at r_taylor@mcttelecom.com. rontayy

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Forsythe
United States
Strafford
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmb
In Salem, NH, there is a store:
http://www.myriadgames.com/
If you go to the about us section, and click on the pictures, you can get a very good feel for what they have in the store.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C Lloyd
United States
North Reading
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Myriad Games is great. A huge selection and a very friendly & helpful staff. You can set up a wish list on their site, and even have them reserve games for you. They also have "Family Game Night" events where you can come in & play any open box games for free. They're conveniently located right off I93 (exit 2, I believe).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Don Aiken
United States
Westford
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
This store is is Londonderry,NH , in a strip mall.

http://www.thegamecastle.com/

I haven't been there yet, planning on checking it out soon.

- Donny
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C Lloyd
United States
North Reading
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hmm... That's not too far away for me. Might need to check it out myself sometime. Too bad they don't have any pictures posted.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Al Leo
United States
New England
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Myriad Games opened a store in Manchester, NH last June.
It is located near the TRU store across from the Mall of NH.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.