GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
8,928 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
18 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
3 Posts

Arkham Horror» Forums » Rules

Subject: Movement (Combat) + Arkham Encounter? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jon Phillips
United States
Redding
California
flag msg tools
badge
One does not simply surf into Mordor!
mbmbmbmbmb
Before I ask this real basic "noob" question I just wanted to say something real quick. This morning I had some time so I went back through the oldest rules questions (from 2005, page 31 in this forum) and browsed through 4 or 5 pages of questions and answers. Many of the questions I had/have from just playing this 4 times now were answered. This leads me to the point I want to make. Occasionally I am playing a game and have a real basic question that I am sure has been answered 50 times in the forum BUT I have a house full of buddies and don't have the time to do a search or read 5 or 6 pages of forum posts so I just slam the question into the forum. I ALWAYS get a quick response and (so far) no one has chewed me out, telling me that this has been answered many times and I should have done a better job looking for it. I use forums all over the internet and the BGG forums by far are the best community I have encountered. Thank you for that!

So here is my "clarification"; since combat is done in the movement phase, am I correct that if an investigator moves into a space with a monster, fights and kills or evades the monster during the movement phase, he can still encounter the location during the Arkham encounters phase?

Thanks in advance!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Duke
United Kingdom
Fleet
Hampshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
angler wrote:
So here is my "clarification"; since combat is done in the movement phase, am I correct that if an investigator moves into a space with a monster, fights and kills or evades the monster during the movement phase, he can still encounter the location during the Arkham encounters phase?

Yes: in the Arkham Encounters phase you must have an Arkham Encounter of some sort for the location you are in. You only ignore this if you're not in an Arkham location (streets, Other World, LiTaS, etc). So long as you resolved a combat or evasion with any monsters that were present during the Movement phase, you can ignore them until the next turn's Movement phase.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
"Follow the phases" will answer most questions.

You engage monsters in Phase 2 Movement. So if you are in Phase 3, you no longer deal with monsters on the board until you come back around to Phase 2 again. The only monsters you deal with are the ones brought up through an encounter at this point. And of those, only those that do not come with a gate (as you get sucked through the gate while the monster gets placed on the board only to be dealt with in the next Phase 2).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.