GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
8,324 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
20 Days Left

Support:

Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
3 Posts

Mansions of Madness» Forums » Rules

Subject: Story 2: Post game night ponder: burnt cult robes, out of ammo rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chuckhazard
United States
Fayetteville
Arkansas
flag msg tools
I'm FREEeeee..ee..e..e...
mbmbmbmbmb
Just two come to mind this morning after our session last night.

1) The cult leader showed up right when it was time to take a mb break. When we got back from completely true and delicious mb I forgot to move him from the front door, and then he set the room on fire.

Cult Leader took a little bit of damage, and he was going to die of smoke inhalation so the investigators left him to go deal with a shoggoth. When the Cult Leader died of fire, I ruled his clue and cultist robes burnt up with him. I was going to drop them in the room with the fire, until I re-read the event card, and it very clearly says if 'an investigator' kills the Cult Leader.

2) Michael McGlen got scared and dropped his tommy gun, so Joe Diamond picked it up with the intention of shooting a Shoggoth and then giving it back on the trading step. Then I played the out of ammo mythos card on him. Does the mythos card stick to the item, or the player? And once the player doesn't have the item any more, does it stay with them or is it discarded?

Edit: Removed failed attempt to insert geekbadge image. Yum!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Outlaw
United Kingdom
Devizes
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
badge
The Wing Warrior - learn more at www.facebook.com/thelegendriders
mbmbmbmbmb
chuckhazard wrote:
Just two come to mind this morning after our session last night.

1) The cult leader showed up right when it was time to take a mb break. When we got back from completely true and delicious mb I forgot to move him from the front door, and then he set the room on fire.

Cult Leader took a little bit of damage, and he was going to die of smoke inhalation so the investigators left him to go deal with a shoggoth. When the Cult Leader died of fire, I ruled his clue and cultist robes burnt up with him. I was going to drop them in the room with the fire, until I re-read the event card, and it very clearly says if 'an investigator' kills the Cult Leader.

2) Michael McGlen got scared and dropped his tommy gun, so Joe Diamond picked it up with the intention of shooting a Shoggoth and then giving it back on the trading step. Then I played the out of ammo mythos card on him. Does the mythos card stick to the item, or the player? And once the player doesn't have the item any more, does it stay with them or is it discarded?

Edit: Removed failed attempt to insert geekbadge image. Yum!

I would play to the wording on the cards. So:

1. Yeah, they lose the robes and the skill token. They didn't kill him.

2. Go by the wording on the card to figure out how a mythos card behaves...

"Low on ammo" says "The keeper chooses one of your ranged weapons. The next time this weapon is used to attack, it is then discarded." So, even if you trade it away, the gun is still going to run out of ammo because the card says the next time "this weapon" is used. Whereas the "gun jam" card says "YOU may not use any ranged weapon cards during this turn" meaning you would not be able to use any weapons - the card in this instance is attached to the investigator, not the specific weapon.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Senor Misterioso
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mb
Tell me more about this....cake.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.