GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
9,805 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
15 Days Left

Support:

Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
12 Posts

Space Hulk: Death Angel – The Card Game» Forums » Rules

Subject: Need some help with rules clarifications rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jonathan Powell
Ukraine
Berdyansk
flag msg tools
badge
I'm in my prime.
mb
At first I thought that travel occurs when I activate the door, but I think that was an incorrect assumption.

Page 25- Travel occurs whenever there are 0 cards in any blip pile at the end of any phase.

So travel is not connected to the door, correct? If I did not activate the door we would still travel to a new location, correct?

Also, when the door is activated, where does the support token come from? Marine or common pile?

Last question, spawned genestealers from either event cards or location cards always come from the blip piles, correct?

Thanks in advance for your help. I've looked at the What am I doing wrong thread and the FAQ, but I still wasn't sure.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rauli Kettunen
Finland
Oulu
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ukraineboo wrote:
Page 25- Travel occurs whenever there are 0 cards in any blip pile at the end of any phase.

So travel is not connected to the door, correct?

Yes, travel is tied solely to blip piles.

Quote:
Also, when the door is activated, where does the support token come from? Marine or common pile?

Common pool.

Quote:
Last question, spawned genestealers from either event cards or location cards always come from the blip piles, correct?

Yes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trevor Long
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ukraineboo wrote:
At first I thought that travel occurs when I activate the door, but I think that was an incorrect assumption.

So travel is not connected to the door, correct? If I did not activate the door we would still travel to a new location, correct?

Thanks in advance for your help. I've looked at the What am I doing wrong thread and the FAQ, but I still wasn't sure.

Activating the door allows you to put one support token on the door, when you travel away to the next location you can kill a number of genestealers equal to the number of support tokens on the door as a parting present. Otherwise any genestealers still in the formation will come with you to the next location. The support tokens come from the common pile.

Yes, spawned genestealers coming from events or other incidents come from the blip piles and come from the one the correct side. In other words if there is a major swarm on red and the red location is on the right you pull from the right. When one of the blip piles gets to zero you move to the next location at the end of the phase that caused it to happen. It is possible to move during a turn, you don't wait until the pick command action phase again. (I missed that the first time I played).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tor Sverre Lund
Norway
Trondheim
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
http://bgg.cc/thread/577108/what-am-i-doing-wrong-the-list-o...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Powell
Ukraine
Berdyansk
flag msg tools
badge
I'm in my prime.
mb
Awesome! Thanks for the quick replies. I think I am now ready to play!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Powell
Ukraine
Berdyansk
flag msg tools
badge
I'm in my prime.
mb
Gawain wrote:

Thanks but as I stated in the OP I had already looked at this. Anyway, two friendly BGGers were kind enough to answer my questions. Move along, nothing to see here.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trevor Long
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Gawain wrote:

Dangit, I did number seven wrong last night (and have several other times). Oh well, my wins are still in the low teens percentage wise so I don't feel too bad about it...shake

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rauli Kettunen
Finland
Oulu
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ukraineboo wrote:
Thanks for the quick replies.

See, that's why I'm lvl 13 BGGer and Trevor only lvl 1 !
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trevor Long
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dam the Man wrote:
ukraineboo wrote:
Thanks for the quick replies.

See, that's why I'm lvl 13 BGGer and Trevor only lvl 1 !

Yes, I was slow with the response but I was typing around doing actual work too whistle

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rauli Kettunen
Finland
Oulu
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Lol, actually, I'm at work too atm blush .
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trevor Long
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dam the Man wrote:
Lol, actually, I'm at work too atm blush .

ninja

Have you gotten the new fireteams and locations yet? That is what the wife and I were doing last night. I like them all but I am getting the impression that the game has been made easier with them. First time with the new stuff I did not make it out of the second location, last night we only lost two marines and that was in the finale. We may have just gotten really lucky too. I'll try again maybe tonight and see how it goes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rauli Kettunen
Finland
Oulu
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yep, got them yesterday, gave the Red locations a whirl today. Of course, since I drew the Green team in among the mix of three teams (along with Grey and Purple, so all oldies), loss was almost guaranteed. Lost before reaching the final location. Stupid Green! I'm planning on hitting the other half of the Red locations tomorrow and then go to my random, on-the-fly hulk, each time travel occurs, roll a die and pick that number from the stack of 5 locations, that way won't know beforehand if going into a Green or a Red location.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.