GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
9,574 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
16 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
4 Posts

Dungeon Twister 2: Prison» Forums » Rules

Subject: Questions after a few solo games rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Guy Heinz
United States
Kenockee
MI
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Man, the first solo game I played on the least difficult (purple) was a romp for me. I got lucky with token reveals and the NPC did not. Really boosted my confidence, so I advanced to the next level (yellow). A whole different ball of wax and I can't fathom this solo game on the skull setting!! Anyway, some questions:

1) If the NP goes through all of his objectives and can't meet them with the AP allotted for those objectives and his default is to exit, what happens if his only route to move toward the exit is blocked? Does he go as many spaces as he can toward the exit and then stop and deactivate? This happened a few times and that is just how I played it.

2) Next question: This seems counterintuitive, but I understand that the game is already very hard. I had a NP Colossus sandwiched between two of my characters and I initiated group combat and lost of course!arrrh wounding both of my guys. On the NP's turn his first objective with that sandwiched character was to do something other than combat and that objective was obtainable for him, so I made him move away from my guys that he could easily have killed (well one guy anyway) to fulfill that objective. Is this correct? (Another of his characters killed both of them shortly thereafter anyway).

Wicked difficult game, but since my wife is just learning, this keeps me busy until she is up to par and I really enjoy the solo play, once you get past making moves that YOU personally would not bypass (like the above example). I think if all the NP's were strictly for combat you would be wiped rather quickly in this game, especially at more difficult levels. There seemed like so many NP's on the board at only the 2nd difficulty level. It was insane, but great fun.

Thanks in advance,

Guy
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoff H
United States
Durham
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
U.S. 95th Infantry Division - The Iron Men of Metz
mbmbmbmbmb
You are correct on both accounts.

If the NPC cannot accomplish any objectives, he gets as close as possible to completing the default objective.

Sometimes the NPC ignores obvious VP like in the above example, but just be thankful. As you stated, it's hard enough already.

The things that make the game difficult are if there is a lot of combat (since you can't recycle your cards and the NP can), many rooms are revealed at once in the NPs favor (i hate Snake Slissken for this), and if either Nolock or the colossus that breaks portcullises for VP are out. That's when I really get worried, since they can rack up VP in a hurry.

IIRC, I've beaten yellow a few times and I'm ready to move up to pink. I need to check my session reports and pull this out again to continue.

Geoff
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guy Heinz
United States
Kenockee
MI
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Geoff,

Yeah, the Colossus that breaks portcullises for VP almost had me done in on my second game. I managed to wound him before he broke one more portcullis that would have given the NP the game. BTW In your most recent session report on the pink level you mention a reinforcement (Extremis) coming in and you stated that you were able to choose where he went. Did you mean you got to choose a row or column because it was rolled a six? Clarify that for me please sir.

Also, if the NP is in combat mode and he moves and initiates combat, but after that combat, he cannot initiate another combat, is he then deactivated, or does he look for another objective, or just have him get as close as possible to his default objective. I know I am asking alot of similar questions, but sometimes, I think I am playing the NP's as if I were controlling them and not the cards!

Guy
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoff H
United States
Durham
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
U.S. 95th Infantry Division - The Iron Men of Metz
mbmbmbmbmb
I must have rolled a six to choose the column or row. I can't recall the exact circumstances.

I need to check the rules, but i think that once someone is in combat mode they will just keep looking for new targets even if they can't reach them.

Here it is from the rulebook: After combat is resolved, if the NPC has either wounded or eliminated an enemy character, it must continue using its remaining AP to get as close as possible to the next available character target with the highest possible priority (see Figure 6). If it can initiate combat against it, it does so. It continues this
way until it runs out of AP. It is then deactivated.

Sometimes the rules aren't crystal clear, but just make your best guess. The next turn the NPC will do something dastardly no matter where you send him. devil

Geoff
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.