GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
8,111 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
21 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
6 Posts

Power Grid: BGG Promo Card Set» Forums » General

Subject: Why new Step 3 card? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bryan Jensen
United States
Layton
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just curious: Why is a new Step 3 card included with this expansion? These cards are trimmed the same size as the base game deck and plant expansion deck that have been released previously?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Chav
United States
Taylorsville
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Step 3 has the same back as the New Power Plants deck.

The original one included has a light bulb.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brenden Johnson
United States
Lakeville
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for asking. I was actually wondering the same thing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Jensen
United States
Layton
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Danath wrote:
The Step 3 has the same back as the New Power Plants deck.

The original one included has a light bulb.

Thanks for answering. I first assumed it is a dup' of the Step 3 card that came with the New Power Plants deck, but the Geek store picture shows these new cards elongated, which got me to wondering whether some new card deck size had been released and whether my current PG deck size is incompatible with this expansion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Smith
Australia
Melbourne
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
These cards are the same square size as the original power plant cards. Some sets of the original cards come with a step 3 card that says "Phase 3". My set does even though I only bought it a couple of years ago. Since the new card just says "3" on it it removes any confusion.

My friends and I get around any confusion of step and phase by using the terms stage 1, stage 2 and stage 3. At least with this new card you can call it whatever you want, as it leave the only use of the word step in the rules.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will
United States
Fresno
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
quixotequest wrote:
Just curious: Why is a new Step 3 card included with this expansion? These cards are trimmed the same size as the base game deck and plant expansion deck that have been released previously?

Its explained on the official page here:
http://www.2f-spiele.de/index_eng.htm
Quote:
In the last print run of Power Grid Expansion 3 (“The new Power Plants”) the »Step 3«-cards accidentally got wrong backsides. We added a bonus »Step 3«-card in the BGG-Promo Card Sets available in early 2011.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.