GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
9,842 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
15 Days Left

Support:

Christopher Watkins
United States
Amherst
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Page 14:
"If a monster leaves an investigators room and re-enters it on the same turn, he does not need to make a horror test against it"

This covers monsters but not players.

Clearly a player wouldn't intend to do this, but can't the Keeper manipulate movement with cards like panic.

It seems really awful that they could make the player go in and out of a room to affect their Sanity.

I like that being chased causes Horror checks and all this from another post

"I'm happy keeping the Horror checks as written. I think it's quite easy to rationalize why they may have passed a horror check earlier, and yet fail a later horror check on the same monster.

After all the new horror check may be because a horrific monster has just
1. crashed through a door into the room...
2. Leaped out at the investigator from the shadows...
3. Leaped out from behind a chair, cupboard, bookcase...

or the investigator has just entered a room and ...
4. The monster leaps out at him (Hmmm I'm using leap a lot)
5. The monster's howl terrifies the investigator
6. The monster is seen ripping a corpse apart."

What I don't like is an investigator getting scared and walking in circles like a possessed dummy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chuckhazard
United States
Fayetteville
Arkansas
flag msg tools
I'm FREEeeee..ee..e..e...
mbmbmbmbmb
There is one horror check per monster per turn, so if the keeper made the investigator enter a monster room (horror check), leave, re-enter (no horror check).

Edit: ah, found it here "An investigator only makes a maximum of one horror test per monster per turn." (page 14)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
LC
United States
flag msg tools
badge
The stuff that dreams are made of...
mbmbmb
However, keep in mind that "turn" refers to the Keeper's turn and the Investigator's turn. So, a player could make a horror check on his turn, and then be forced to move in such a way as to make one on the Keeper's turn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.