GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
7,890 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
21 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
7 Posts

Run for your Life, Candyman!» Forums » News

Subject: Reprint Changes & Fan 'Wishlist' rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Curt Covert
United States
Sandy Hook
Connecticut
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb

From the Creator:

Run for Your Life, Candyman!, our twisted parody board game of cookie v. cookie cartoon violence, is out of stock and ramping up for a reprint. When we do so, we'll be making a few changes to enhance game play.

Planned enhancements are:

Die cut Gingerbread player tokens, unique to each cookie's personality, much like we did with Shootin' Ladders.

Slightly larger game board

Promo set of Extra Special Treats incorporated into the main Special Treats deck

New Dash N Bash card:
"SugarFree-For-All All players immediately move into the Candy Cage Match space closest to you. If Drawn as an Attack, remove one damaged limb from your opponent."

New Rule: Yes, it is a race to escape - but no one likes a cheap win as is possible if you draw Sweet Toof as your first card. So, a new rule will be added.

"If a player lands on or passes Sweet Toof before at least half of the other players pass Molly & Pop, Sweet Toof bites off your head and throws you immediately into the 'Pink Candy Button' Candy Cage match space. This initiates a Candy Cage Match."

The WishList:

Here's where you come in. Got a fun idea for a card? Got some other thoughts on how we might enhance the game further? Like or hate the planned changes above? Wanna reduce the number of spaces to travel and cut the number of damage boxes to speed up the game? Now's the time - so let us hear 'em.

We hope to bring the latest edition to Gencon with us this year.
So time is of the essence!

Thanks!
Curt
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Witzany
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I imagine most of us reading this have BGG accounts, so we can send replies by Geek mail; anyone else can reach smirky at covertc@smirkanddagger.com.

I wouldn't mind rules on shortening the game a bit; I've had it last as long as Munchkin. shake
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent Pollock
Canada
Saskatoon
Saskatchewan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Feel free to use the variant rules I posted a couple of years back http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/402046/more-damage-effec.... We like 'em, but fuldhim would probably find they drag it out too much.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Witzany
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yep, I love this game as a "take that" filler; if it takes over half an hour, I'm not working to make the others "take that" so much anymore. An easy way to speed things up would be to either make people assign one damage to each body part, or maybe give them, say, three damage to distribute--would you spread them out, or concentrate them all in one place?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent Pollock
Canada
Saskatoon
Saskatchewan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
One thing we haven't tried is getting rid of the swing-and-a-miss rule and making every hit count, even if it registers on a wiped-out body part. We're all about cookie-carnage in our games and love it when a single body part wins the game. increasing the damage by one per card might do this.

I don't mind the quick wins either, because they're over with in mere minutes and you can simply start again. I like the panic those huge leads induce when the other players start scrambling to drag the bounder back into a cage match.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Curt Covert
United States
Sandy Hook
Connecticut
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb

From the Creator:

Thanks for the input. Yes, there have been games that have gone on too long. We've recognized this fact as well.

We've been playtesting ways to address this issue - and think that we've got a nice solution. Pretty straight forward, really.

First, the revised edition will have a slightly shorter track. The path no longer winds around the castle at the beginning, but starts at the front door. That pulls 2-3 turns out immediately - and gets you to the meat of the path quicker. (First Cage match space has also been moved 6 spaces further away as well)

Second, and most importantly, the basic game will now have only 4 damage boxes per body part. The six box version will be listed as a 'classic' option.

Lastly, we've added more Special Treat cards that are nasty.

As a result, four player games have been running 30 minutes pretty consistently.

I am happy with the result and the new edition will feature these changes.

Best
Curt
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Conley
United States
Milwaukie
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
Life is too short not to live it up a little!
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi, Curt! Everything about the new edition sounds great so far! My wishlist? It's a short one. How 'bout an Origins release?!? Any chance?

Thanks for a fun game!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.