Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris Malme
United Kingdom
Peterborough
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
When trying to organise a gaming session, one of the things that takes time is agreeing on a suitable date and time that fits everyone's diary and preferences.

What might be useful is an online calendar system, to make it easy for people to share such information.

This could be done in three different ways that I can think of (and probably numerous ways I haven't though of).

1) "Open" communal calendars that a user could create for their area/gaming group, and that anyone interested could mark their available dates on.

2) "Closed" communal calendars that a user could create - similar to (1), but people would need to sign up to use.

3) Everyone has an individual calendar, which they can choose to keep updated or not, and then develop a "Find Date" utility that allows you to select the user profiles of the people you want to play with, and gives you any dates/times they have in common, or otherwise the best match possible.

Good idea or waste of time? Comments and opinions welcome.

Chris

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Armstead
United States
New Brighton
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That is a cool idea! Not that my normal group needs it. We meet pretty much every evening from Thursday through Sunday to play games

But it would help out a lot when we organize our annual Civilization game.

Not that Aldie doesn't have enough stuff to do for this site

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nomadic Gamer
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Till then, link to this, and remember it's only as good as gamers make it.meeple

http://www.gameconventions.net/

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.