GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
9,656 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
16 Days Left

Support:

Cate
United States
Mequon
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
No good deed goes unpunished.
badge
Ring the bells that still can ring, Forget your perfect offering, There's a crack in everything, That's how the light gets in. - Leonard Cohen
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello,

I need someone who is good with Adobe Indesign to modify the type for some Wits and Wagers Family gameshow score sheets. I don't think this will take more than an hour and it would be a great help to the BGG community. They will accompany the W&W Family gameshow PowerPoints that I posted here:

http://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/66588/wits-wagers-family

I am willing to pay in or a game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andre Lucato
Brazil
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey Cate,

I guess I can help you out. Geekmail me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ally Steven Severi
Belgium
Brussels
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
"Wits and Wagers"
one of my favorites with the kids.

I'm willing to help you out.

Just send me a message.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Ellis
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello Cate,

I'm new to BGG but happy to help with this if not already taken care of by Andre/Ally.

Having recently spent many hours learning Adobe Indesign I'm sympathetic to anyone who needs help with it!

Mark

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cate
United States
Mequon
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Ring the bells that still can ring, Forget your perfect offering, There's a crack in everything, That's how the light gets in. - Leonard Cohen
mbmbmbmbmb
luckyduke wrote:
Hello Cate,

I'm new to BGG but happy to help with this if not already taken care of by Andre/Ally.

Having recently spent many hours learning Adobe Indesign I'm sympathetic to anyone who needs help with it!

Mark

Hello Mark,

Thank you for the offer but I think I have things under control right now. I might ask for help later, though. It is not very intuitive.

Everyone,

Does anyone know a good way to learn the Adobe stuff? I took one of those classes aimed at executives but it was like drinking from a fire hose.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Thyssen
Canada
Sparta
ON
flag msg tools
adamthyssen.com
badge
adamthyssen.com
mbmbmbmbmb
lynda.com has a few training videos, but the free ones are a bit limited - though it might cover the basics.

PS. It looks like you've already got help well in hand, but if you ever need advice, I'm happy to help.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cate
United States
Mequon
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Jorage wrote:
lynda.com has a few training videos, but the free ones are a bit limited - though it might cover the basics.

PS. It looks like you've already got help well in hand, but if you ever need advice, I'm happy to help.

Thank you!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Ellis
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You've probably already seen these, but if not then the adobe site also has a number of short tutorial videos, see links for CS5 if this is the version you're using:

http://tv.adobe.com/show/learn-indesign-cs5/
http://tv.adobe.com/show/indesign-cs5-feature-tour/

They can be hit and miss depending on what you need. Searching the community help (http://community.adobe.com/help/search.html) can often be very useful if you have a specific question.

Another useful site I used was indesignsecrets.com, and youtube has a few useful videos if you're still stuck on something!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cate
United States
Mequon
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you, Mark!

These are all excellent resources that I will start exploring.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Proper-Lee
United States
Levittown
NY
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Having supported InDesign from near the beginning (and Quark Xpress prior to that), good luck in getting what you need done! Lots of simple sounding things may be more complicated than you think (such as actually getting the right text pieces edited as opposed to creating a new text box). But don't get discouraged. It's powerful and can make thigns a lot easier down the line.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.