Galaxy Trucker» Forums » Sessions

Subject: The Union allies with Smith and Hawking for a successful space run rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Andrew Tullsen
United States
flag msg tools
48 hour turnaround time for Prototypes!
A galaxy trucker game using ships from the fan expansion by Glee_cz (SpaceDomination Expansion - 48 new ships). This guy has made 8 different ship classes, and each has a "horizontal" ship and a "vertical" ship for trips 1, 2 and 3. So that's 48 new ships to build on! I printed out all of them and mounted them to chipboard. Yes, I am crazy about Galaxy Trucker.

Trip One

This is a picture of my ship before the flight. There were a lot of asteroids coming, so I beefed up on the guns. Plus, my ship had some obvious vulnerabilities if a meteor hit in the wrong place. Since one person hadn't played with the expansion tiles, we didn't do rough road cards. But we did use the "business card" expansions, and everyone got a "business card" which gave a small bonus. (This is a fan expansion as well)

I completed my ship first. There was only one opportunity for goods - an abandoned station which I gladly took. I took out all the asteroids, and coasted into an easy first.

Trip Two

Now this is my successful ship right after the flight. During the building process, it took me forever to try to find the first two pieces for my ship - those lasers. I figured there would be asteroids, and if they hit that one vulnerable part, then I would lose half my ship. Regardless, I still finished first, and the flight was mostly uneventful. I failed the combat zone for least guys though, and took some laser blasts.

Trip Three

This time around I figured I was going to try the shield booster with shields facing all directions, and stocking up lots of batteries. So I didn't bother with any lasers. I saw the deck, but I saw the high numbers on the baddies, and failed to note that they were all after cargo or my crew, not shooting pirates.
There was a planet, and then a pirate stopped by and took everyone's cargo. The last player however had a nice array of lasers and took them out.

Then an abandoned ship was available, and another player let most of his crew take off in it. Then the slavers stopped by, and took his last 2 crew. The slaver also cleaned out the 3rd player, who didn't have a lot of crew overall. Then the last player polished them off. With both the first and 3rd players dropping out (I was second at the time), I took first, and managed to finish that way. The prettiest ship bonus and the first place bonus along with the few goods I managed to salvage, gave me first place.
 Thumb up
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.