1 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Podcasts & Blogs

Subject: House Rules 9: Mainstream games can also be fun rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
United States
flag msg tools
Giant Fire Breathing Robot
We talk a lot about all these fantastic new designer games that provide an exciting challenge for adults. Games that go beyond Sorry! and Clue and provide advanced mechanics that exalt strategy and decision-making.

But, that doesn’t mean that all "mainstream" games - those that can be found in a Target or Toys R Us - are necessarily bad. So for this podcast, I got my gaming group together to talk about several mainstream games that we enjoy playing, and a few that we are not as enthusiastic about.

Also, as we talk about some of our favorite party games, we recall some fantastic memories, and you’ll notice parts where we are all just laughing or trying to talk over one another. Initially, I was going to edit that all out to create a more streamlined experience, but in the end, I decided to leave it in. Not because I’m lazy (no, of course not), but because I wanted to demonstrate how much happiness, mirth, and laughter these games bring not only during play, but also afterward. Join me for the Mainstream Podcast about the Mainstream games.

Listen to it here.
 Thumb up
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.