United States
Chelmsford
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
GRRRRR!!!
badge
GRRRRRRRRR!!
mbmbmbmbmb
People don't often suggest new skillcards, because it's really not the kind of game where you can just substitute a card like that in.

But I came up with this simple idea, and felt like sharing it with the peanut gallery.
Quote:
VIP Shuttle
Politics
Value: High (3/4/5? Maybe even 6?)
Movement: Move to a location on another ship. Roll a die. On a 6 or higher, put this card back into your hand. This ability is only usable if you are in a ship location.

Can't be played on New Caprica or while piloting (wording could be better about this), but _can_ be played in the Brig.
You won't Strategically Plan the roll (probably), because you might as well just discard the Strategic Planning to move.
It needs a high value because the movement ability isn't useful incredibly often.

Anyway, thoughts? Just brain-dumping.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Allan Clements
Norway
Oslo
flag msg tools
badge
Turns out Esseb did touch the flag. Don't tell him I said so though.
mbmbmbmbmb
Well a high value isn't just because it isn't useful that often but because it is powerful and you need to consider whether to use it in a skill check or not. However I don't think the game needs another get out of jail free card.

I also think having 1 6 is fine but having more than one just makes destiny more and more dangerous.

I would allow to work in the usual locations, but not in brig or detention and give it a value of 3/4 (just have 2 of them in the deck)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
L. Scott Johnson
United States
Columbia
South Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
As worded, it already doesn't allow moving out of the Brig (since that, not being able to, is the default -- explicit card text is needed to overcome that restriction).

Basically it just lets you move ship-to-ship as normal (costing one card -- in this case itself), with the added benefit of a 3/8 chance of keeping the card instead.

I'd say it's not worth the trouble of trying to figure out how to proxy it into the current set of cards, but if you did, it'd be worth "low (1 to 3)".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
L. Scott Johnson
United States
Columbia
South Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
As long as you're going for new cards, here's a spin on it: make it a Quorum card ("president's shuttle", in that case).

Give this card to the President and draw a Politics card.
Movement: move to any location (even on another ship).
If the president title moves, this card moves with it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshian Grr
United States
Chelmsford
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
GRRRRR!!!
badge
GRRRRRRRRR!!
mbmbmbmbmb
I was trying to make the "play this skillcard and get it back" mechanic work, whatever the effect. Could use further work to make it more interesting.

But if it were to be made a Quorum Card instead, it might need a little more kick.
Moving from ship to ship isn't exactly done a lot during the game, unless you have a particularly weasely President.

How about making it a mini-XO only for movement?

Give this card to the President and draw a Politics card.
Movement: Choose any human player (including yourself) who is not piloting a viper and not in the Brig. That player may move to any location (even on another ship).
If the president title moves, this card moves with it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
L. Scott Johnson
United States
Columbia
South Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well if you're looking to make a "keep this card" mechanic, then the original form is fine, but just make the roll easier, since the effect is so weak. Like "3 or better".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshian Grr
United States
Chelmsford
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
GRRRRR!!!
badge
GRRRRRRRRR!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Another example of a "return to hand" card:
Quote:
Roll of Duct Tape
Engineering
Action: Perform the action at your current location, even if it is damaged (this does not allow you to activate locations that are otherwise restricted). Return this card to your hand.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gerry Smit
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
As per Exodus, add 1 of each of the following to maintain numerical "balance".

Treachery: 4 "The Plan"

Action: Target another Cylon Player, Cylon Leader or Infiltrating Cylon.
They may either: Move, and then take an action;
OR if no movement, take 2 actions.

Treachery: 0 "Hidden Dagger"
Skill Check: If played into a skill check, double the value of all Treachery cards played into this skill check.

Treachery: 0 "Slippery Slope"
Skill Check: If played into a skill check, this Skill Check is now considered Reckless.

Treachery: 0 "Secrets"
Before any skill check, examine the top 2 Destiny cards. Then either:
- place them back on top of the Destiny Deck
- place them on the bottom of the Destiny Deck
- or shuffle them back into the Destiny Deck.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
L. Scott Johnson
United States
Columbia
South Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Not sure this belongs in the "Shuttle" topic, but...

GerryRailBaron wrote:
Treachery: 4 "The Plan"

Action: Target another Cylon Player, Cylon Leader or Infiltrating Cylon.
They may either: Move, and then take an action;
OR if no movement, take 2 actions.

Text is sort of useless in a 3p game. Also mostly useless in 4p and 5p, since it requires two revealed Cylons. I guess as a '4', though, it will always be useful.

Quote:
Treachery: 0 "Hidden Dagger"
Skill Check: If played into a skill check, double the value of all Treachery cards played into this skill check.

Cool.

Quote:
Treachery: 0 "Slippery Slope"
Skill Check: If played into a skill check, this Skill Check is now considered Reckless.

Seems like a break of paradigm and a very strong card, too. Force-activate your own reckless cards and stealth-activate everyone else's? I'll take three, please.

Quote:
Treachery: 0 "Secrets"
Before any skill check, examine the top 2 Destiny cards. Then either:
- place them back on top of the Destiny Deck
- place them on the bottom of the Destiny Deck
- or shuffle them back into the Destiny Deck.

Very strong for "any". I'd suggest changing this to be an action, or at least only usable as the current player.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls