Douglas S
United States
Torrance
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Amazingly, this is the first forum post of 2011. This game is still great and needs a reprinting. Also would be fun if someone read that Freedom Force thread of mine and made some of those custom heroes

-Douglas
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Cates
United States
Visalia
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I haven't lost hope. I'm still subscribing to this game in hope that one day an announcement of a reprint will pop up. You owners of the game please keep up the buzz with session reports and reviews.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike McDrunk
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
Even a man who is pure in heart and says his prayers by night may become a wolf when the wolfbane blooms and the autumn moon is bright.
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm still subscribing to the game also. I'm hoping at least the people that own the rights to the game will release it in pdf form for downloading since I'm sure I'll never run across a copy at Goodwill or afford a copy on eBay.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Flying Arrow
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mcdrunk wrote:
I'm still subscribing to the game also. I'm hoping at least the people that own the rights to the game will release it in pdf form for downloading since I'm sure I'll never run across a copy at Goodwill or afford see a copy on eBay.

FTFY
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Arthur Ellis
United States
Ashland
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Print & Play would absolutely rock.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dr. Love
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
joepinion wrote:
Print & Play would absolutely rock.

I would throw down cash in a heartbeat for a reprint or PnP.

Does anyone know of the licensing issues for some one to do a PnP?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Arthur Ellis
United States
Ashland
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
yoyomama wrote:

The issue is getting any response at all from the creator or publisher.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

North Carolina
msg tools
mb
Amazing game, but honestly I have noticed that in the world of board games, super heroes just don't seem to sell well. Some games become hits, but they are few and far between. It is too bad, because Capes and Cowls is one game that should have been a mega hit. Instead, it will forever be an obscure masterpiece.

I love the game... simple, fun, and endless replayability! It has it all!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Bagosy
United States
Ladera Ranch
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
joepinion wrote:
yoyomama wrote:

Well, you do get responses from the creator every once and a while, insisting that he is "not a recluse"; then he disappears again, and fails to define the future of the game and/or answer any questions about it. Really unfortunate about this thing, it seems like it was quite a jewel. I for one would be thrilled to have folks play any of my designs, so I'm not sure why so many designers disappear into the shadows, but... who knows?

Anyway, I'd say the chances for reprint are pretty much non-extant at this point. I've even heard tell of publishers offering to buy the game rights and being turned down (if they even get a response at all.) Do that enough times, and the publishing industry loses interest quickly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Flying Arrow
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sol Invictus wrote:
joepinion wrote:
yoyomama wrote:

Well, you do get responses from the creator every once and a while, insisting that he is "not a recluse"; then he disappears again, and fails to define the future of the game and/or answer any questions about it. Really unfortunate about this thing, it seems like it was quite a jewel. I for one would be thrilled to have folks play any of my designs, so I'm not sure why so many designers disappear into the shadows, but... who knows?

Anyway, I'd say the chances for reprint are pretty much non-extant at this point. I've even heard tell of publishers offering to buy the game rights and being turned down (if they even get a response at all.) Do that enough times, and the publishing industry loses interest quickly.

I doubt the game mechanisms are patented. The core could be borrowed pretty easily in another game (auto hit if atk+location > def+location; roll to hit if equal or less). I'm surprised it hasn't been - seems like games borrow from other games all the time. Of course, the incredible balance among all the powers is one of the keys of the game, and that may be hard to duplicate.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Loblah
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
mb
I'd still give up my spleen (or the monetary equivalent thereof) for this game, but I haven't even seen a copy come up for sale in forever. Sounds more and more like there's no hope from the designer, either. Ah, well...if somebody decides they like money more than the game, lemme know.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin O'Brien
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
...but don't tell anyone!
badge
The Secret Bread Empire Über Alles!
mbmbmbmbmb
Bobloblah wrote:
Ah, well...if somebody decides they like money more than the game, lemme know.

Me, too! I'm looking to buy this game if someone has a copy for sale.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Bagosy
United States
Ladera Ranch
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
cyberkev63 wrote:
Bobloblah wrote:
Ah, well...if somebody decides they like money more than the game, lemme know.

Me, too! I'm looking to buy this game if someone has a copy for sale.

You and about fifty of the rest of us;)

Edit:

Make that 156 of the rest of us.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike McDrunk
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
Even a man who is pure in heart and says his prayers by night may become a wolf when the wolfbane blooms and the autumn moon is bright.
mbmbmbmbmb
joepinion wrote:
yoyomama wrote:

Robin Spriggs has an active Twitter account however I don't know how to phrase desperation for a reprint in the limited 140 characters allowed.

Someone more articulate than me might try following/stalking him there and begging/pleading with him to at least make it a pdf for purchase.

Robin Spriggs on Twitter
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Arthur Ellis
United States
Ashland
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mcdrunk wrote:
Robin Spriggs has an active Twitter account however I don't know how to phrase desperation for a reprint in the limited 140 characters allowed.

Someone more articulate than me might try following/stalking him there and begging/pleading with him to at least make it a pdf for purchase.

Robin Spriggs on Twitter

The best thing to do might be to all start following him. Even those that don't have an account, just start one. The guy only has 150 or so followers. If his follow count suddenly sprung up 20% he'd probably notice.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Cates
United States
Visalia
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
joepinion wrote:
mcdrunk wrote:

Robin Spriggs on Twitter

The best thing to do might be to all start following him. Even those that don't have an account, just start one. The guy only has 150 or so followers. If his follow count suddenly sprung up 20% he'd probably notice.

Done.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.