HERO VS. HERO!!!
As cool as this game is, I think it lacks something really important: a hero vs. hero fight! After all, this is the staple of marvel comics. These are the HVSH rules I’ve been thinking:
- In order to enter combat with other player, you must play a card that allows you to do that (thinking of having three on the deck)
- You play the card as an action to enter combat with another team in the board. You first choose your starting hero and your opponent chooses his or her own.
- The attacking player has the initiative on the first round unless other effects switch initiatives, as normal.
- When a hero is defeated, the opposing player decides who goes next, and the victorious hero has initiative, as usual.
- Cards, powers and support heroes may be played as usual
- The defeated heroes don’t get a red KO: all wounds inflicted in these combats go away after the action (in marvel comics heroes battle all the time but never hurt each other at all)
- The victorious team gets three victory points, and the losing team loses three victory points.
VILLAIN: PURPLE MAN (5/4)
[red, orange, and yellow powers to be determined later]
MIND CONTROL: Discard four villain cards before combat starts. Instead of the purple man the heroes must fight another team in the board. Neither team wins or loses VPs from this combat, but if the other team wins, the headlines are lost.
[support ability to be detailed]
(Many villains are able to do this, but I think it’s better to make this exclusive to rare villains for which this is their only gig, and are really good at this. The point is to add HvsH as a novelty that comes up maybe once or twice in the game at most.)
SCENARIO: CIVIL WAR
- Put the three HvsH cards in the most wanted slots. Any player can discard a hero card to use them, and they never leave those slots (thus most wanted villains are regular villains)
- Team cards (such as The Black Bird etc) are not used on this game. There’s simply too much chaos and the hero infrastructure’s collapsing.
[There are many proposals on how to rearrange teams for this scenario. Take your pick.]
Comments? Opinions? Suggestions?
I'm not too sure that the Marvel Heroes game has any room to implement PVP battles and still keep true to its heavier strategy/lighter combat game play mechanic.
I will give your ideas a try though and let you know how it went -thanks!