Eric Rampson
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

And, for the site-blocked, here's the text:

EXCLUSIVE: 'The Walking Dead' Board Game To Hit Shelves In 2011 - Here's Your First Look!
Posted 5/18/11 10:31 am ET by Rick Marshall in Image Comics, News

We may have a few months to wait until "The Walking Dead" returns to television, but you'll be able to get your fix of Rick Grimes and the rest of the zombie-fearing survivors this summer, thanks to a new game based on the hit series.

Hitting shelves in late summer, "The Walking Dead" board game will let you play as Rick, Andrea, and the rest of the "Walking Dead" cast as you fight off zombies, gather supplies, and simply try to survive in the series' post-apocalyptic world. You can get your exclusive first look at the game's box and promo art below, courtesy of Robert Kirkman's Skybound Entertainment and publisher Z-Man Games.

The 1-6 player game will sell for $39.99, but let's be honest, folks — can you really put a pricetag on learning the skills that will help you survive a zombie apocalypse?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hugh G. Rection
United States
La Mesa
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I sure hope the game is not as boring as the TV show turned out to be. The first season was essentially a soap opera with a zombie backdrop.
snore
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Goodrich
United States
Jackson Heights
New York
flag msg tools
THE 7TH CONTINENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
badge
Becoming immortal!
mbmbmbmb
Hugh_G_Rection wrote:
I sure hope the game is not as boring as the TV show turned out to be. The first season was essentially a soap opera with a zombie backdrop.
snore

I guess... I don't see how much more "action" the series could have without ceasing to be a drama. If you ONLY want exploding heads and non-stop fighting, you'd have to play a video game - pretty much every zombie movie ever made (the good ones, at least) have way more atmosphere than action.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Fullenwider
United States
Reno
Nevada
flag msg tools
badge
I'm not a moccodity!
mbmbmbmbmb
More info:

http://www.icv2.com/articles/news/20105.html

Quote:
'The Walking Dead: The Board Game'

Z-Man Games

Published: 05/18/2011, Last Updated: 05/19/2011 05:32am

The Walking Dead has now spawned a board game, scheduled to release this summer. Published by Z-Man Games, The Walking Dead: The Board Game was designed by Keith Tralins of MegaGigaOmniCorp, Inc.

The game will feature the characters and situations from the comic book. “Our goal was to give players the chance to feel like they had to survive in that world, with an unrelenting swarm of zombies at their heels,” said designer Tralins.

The Walking Dead writer Robert Kirkman is enthusiastic about the project: “We’ve done test plays of The Walking Dead board game at the office. I couldn’t be more impressed with Z-Man Games,” he said.

The Walking Dead: The Board Game will have a suggested retail price of $39.99.

Unfortunately, Keith Tralins doesn't exactly have a lot of highly rated games under his belt, but since this is a Z-Man Games production, hopefully Zev vetted it out first.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Barnes
United Kingdom
Leigh
Lancs
flag msg tools
I have to say I agree to some extent with Hugh here. My favourite zombie film of all time is the original Dawn of the Dead and I think that had it about right. Walking Dead has a little less zombie action than I (and my 4 year old son) would like, whereas my wife (who is not a zombie fan, and was initially reluctant to watch), ended up looking forward to it more than us.

There seemed to be a few episodes where at the end, son and I both looked at each other and said "was that it?"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls