Popular Tags: [View All]
Benny Sperling
United States
Arlington
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
I recently ordered a copy of this. I dig the theme, because I haven't played anything like it before. I also wanted to look at the mechanisms as I want to design a game that may be similar mechanically. That being said, I am not the biggest Martin Wallace fan. I love London though. I know London is on the super easy Martin Wallace end of game design. I was not a fan of Rise of Empires (I'm not a war gamer though). So convince me I made the right decision.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoffrey Ulman
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Like many Martin Wallace games, it is very "tight", so margins of victory are often very close and all your decisions very much matter. Overall I find the game "clever" but somewhat dull. However I would need to play it more to really form a solid opinion....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Francis K. Lalumiere
Canada
Brossard
Quebec
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm a huge Wallace fan, and I didn't like Rise of Empires. Too cumbersome.

If you liked London, I'm pretty sure you'll love Automobile. It's got the same kind of tight design, with agonizing choices and mechanics that all flow into each other.
I've played it 13 times so far and I'm far from tired of it.

Come back and and let us know what you think once you've played it, but I'd be surprised to hear you don't like it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent Mair
United States
Roy
Utah
flag msg tools
The Meeple Nation Boardgame Podcast - 30 minutes a week!
badge
BGGCon 2015 or Bust
mbmbmbmbmb
You are pretty. Really, I'm not just saying that.

Why do you need convincing? Have you not broken the shrink and wonder if you want to resell it? If that isn't the case then play the game and decide for yourself.

I know that our opinions are sometimes based or influenced by what others think, but now that you have the game you should play and enjoy.

I have played Automobiles once and enjoyed the game. I believe it is a good game.

And you are very pretty.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benny Sperling
United States
Arlington
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
Thank you, Brent, you're pretty also! It was a bit of an impulse buy. It hasn't arrived yet, but I know I'll rip it open and bask in it's new game glory (unless it has rose lousy plastic money chips like London) and I know it will be great! Well, I hope so...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darrell Hanning
United States
Jacksonville
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
We will meet at the Hour of Scampering.
mbmbmbmbmb
I think it's a solid design with good replay value.

And I think you're pretty, too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benny Sperling
United States
Arlington
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
I feel pretty, oh so pretty!!whistle

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Miller
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think it's a bit too tight. Not enough actions. I prefer Brass by a long shot.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls