Subject: Tasty Minstrel Launch Sale [Free Shipping US] rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Zack Stackurski
United States
Mankato
Minnesota
flag msg tools
I love almost all games, play Boardgames with my wife, have three kids, generally enjoy cats and understand and like those bumper stickers with the little fishies sprouting legs.
badge
This happy cat is excited about new board games!
mbmbmbmbmb
Tasty Minstrel Games has a number of new releases being printed now and sent out an email to subscribers (like me) about some quite good package deals on their new games. There is free shipping in the US on all the deals.

Homesteaders Reprint : $39.95 (Retail $49.95)
Belfort : $39.95 (Retail $59.95)
Package deals with the two games above plus either JAB: Realtime Boxing or Train of Thought for $69.95!

Check it out at http://playtmg.com/collections/all
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vast Aire
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey TMG! How about some free shipping to Canada as well?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Fordham
United States
Rome
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
1.) wanted Belfort.
2.) read your post.
3.) ordered Belfort.
4.) you are my friend now.

Caleb
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Taylor
United States
San Ramon
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
CalebSkye wrote:
1.) wanted Belfort.
2.) read your post.
3.) ordered Belfort.

Caleb

Do you get billed when the game ships, or now? The site is woefully non specific.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nolan Lichti
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ZackStack wrote:
Tasty Minstrel Games has a number of new releases being printed now and sent out an email to subscribers (like me) about some quite good package deals on their new games. There is free shipping in the US on all the deals.

Belfort : $39.95 (Retail $59.95)
Package deals with the two games above plus either JAB: Realtime Boxing or Train of Thought for $69.95!

Check it out at http://playtmg.com/collections/all

In case someone was confused on the above math, the Homesteader's reprint is $30 in this bundle.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rik Van Horn
United States
Livonia
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I got the offer for the two game bundle, but I already have the first edition of Homesteaders. I don't really need another.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Kudzma
United States
Millsboro
Delaware
flag msg tools
designer
People are...
badge
SPOCKED!!
mbmbmbmbmb
ZackStack wrote:

WOW surprise That's a lot higher sell on that game this print run.

Hopefully the quality of the components reflect this. If they do then they can count on me purchasing a second copy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Fordham
United States
Rome
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
Tygo wrote:
CalebSkye wrote:
1.) wanted Belfort.
2.) read your post.
3.) ordered Belfort.

Caleb

Do you get billed when the game ships, or now? The site is woefully non specific.

Dunno--did not matter to me either way, but will check AMEX when I get home and edit this post with the answer.

Caleb
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Taylor
United States
San Ramon
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
CalebSkye wrote:

Dunno--did not matter to me either way, but will check AMEX when I get home and edit this post with the answer.

Caleb

Thanks, man.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Coates
United States
Winston Salem
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Rokkr wrote:
*snip*...I already have the first edition of Homesteaders. I don't really need another.

I have the first edition as well. Sadly... I do need another if I expect anyone to play it.

I bit on this one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A Morris
Canada
Coquitlam
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I had to post for two reasons.

First and foremost, a double Gort....

Second, "fool me once..."

I refuse to purchase a game which shouldn't have been sold in the first place due to the quality issues.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Coates
United States
Winston Salem
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Lets go for triple Gort...

Yeah, I have people change their minds as soon as the lid comes off and the smell overpowers the pizza.

But... it really is a good game, and I'm hoping the Minstrel can put out some more... so I'm... willing. If a little sour.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Fordham
United States
Rome
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
CalebSkye wrote:
Tygo wrote:
CalebSkye wrote:
1.) wanted Belfort.
2.) read your post.
3.) ordered Belfort.

Caleb

Caleb

You are charged now rather than later. At least when you use Paypal, which I did (using my AMEX). The charge is there already.

Caleb
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Hastings
United States
Gretna
Nebraska
flag msg tools
badge
A king slime attacks.... You might need a band-aid.
mbmbmbmbmb

For what it's worth. Yes, Tasty Minstrel Games definitely changed manufacturers this time for Homesteaders. It is now being made by the same company that manufactured Pandemic - if that gives you a sense of component quality.

Although, I too, was pretty upset at the quality of my first edition set, you have to really respect a company - especially a smaller company - that is as up front about the problems as they were. They really bent over backwards to try to fix the issues by sending out free replacement pieces to anyone that let them know they had a messed up copy. They got hosed by the manufacturer as much, or really more, than we did. I can't imagine the financial hit they must have taken on hurt sales as well as all the replacements - but I really respect the way they handled it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Mindes
United States
Mountain Green
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Cannibal Ox wrote:

Working on it. Tomorrow I will be able to determine the viability of free shipping to Canada also, but also the viability of a small cost.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Mindes
United States
Mountain Green
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Rokkr wrote:
I got the offer for the two game bundle, but I already have the first edition of Homesteaders. I don't really need another.

Rik - I understand, if interested, Belfort is also available for $39.95 which is a 33% discount and includes free shipping.

locusshifter wrote:
ZackStack wrote:

WOW surprise That's a lot higher sell on that game this print run.

Hopefully the quality of the components reflect this. If they do then they can count on me purchasing a second copy.

Dave - It does. Never again will I use a factory that I do not have experience with or significant evidence that they manufacture quality products.

Renno wrote:

For what it's worth. Yes, Tasty Minstrel Games definitely changed manufacturers this time for Homesteaders. It is now being made by the same company that manufactured Pandemic - if that gives you a sense of component quality.

Although, I too, was pretty upset at the quality of my first edition set, you have to really respect a company - especially a smaller company - that is as up front about the problems as they were. They really bent over backwards to try to fix the issues by sending out free replacement pieces to anyone that let them know they had a messed up copy. They got hosed by the manufacturer as much, or really more, than we did. I can't imagine the financial hit they must have taken on hurt sales as well as all the replacements - but I really respect the way they handled it.

Jeff- Thank you for this. Yes, the financial loss was significant. 40% of the print run was given away (although I probably should have just destroyed it), expense of replacement parts, expense of replacement games, time involved with dealing with it, continual reminder of the initial failure, flying out to the warehouse to fix as much problem as we could, and so forth.

It was very costly. And it continues to be costly, but we have plowed through that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vast Aire
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DrMayhem wrote:
Cannibal Ox wrote:

Working on it. Tomorrow I will be able to determine the viability of free shipping to Canada also, but also the viability of a small cost.

Thank you. I'm interested in the getting the package deal. Hopefully you can find a free (or dirt cheap) shipping option for us Canadians.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lance
United States
Moorhead
Minnesota
flag msg tools
The coolest best thing I have ever done in my life is being a father
badge
The Dread Pirate Caleb!! (age 2)
mbmbmbmbmb
If we go this route with the bundles, will the people that purchase this way get their games quicker than through normal distribution? I only ask because I want some of these games pretty badly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Mindes
United States
Mountain Green
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
UndeadViking wrote:
If we go this route with the bundles, will the people that purchase this way get their games quicker than through normal distribution? I only ask because I want some of these games pretty badly.

The packages will be the first thing that is sent out once the games arrive. So yes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lance
United States
Moorhead
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DrMayhem wrote:
UndeadViking wrote:

The packages will be the first thing that is sent out once the games arrive. So yes.

Well then...expect some of my money!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Mindes
United States
Mountain Green
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
UndeadViking wrote:
DrMayhem wrote:
UndeadViking wrote:

Well then...expect some of my money!

Always!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
AAron G
United States
Tallmadge
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
help me out; I looked up Belfort's comments and some of the reviews (given ratings of 10) had come from the Designers of the game. I thought that was out of order around these parts.....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lance
United States
Moorhead
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DoUrden wrote:
help me out; I looked up Belfort's comments and some of the reviews (given ratings of 10) had come from the Designers of the game. I thought that was out of order around these parts.....

It's not out of order so to speak - lots of designers do it. It is when they hide behind false names and avatars to "pump" up their ratings when people start crying foul.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Mindes
United States
Mountain Green
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
UndeadViking wrote:
DoUrden wrote:

It's not out of order so to speak - lots of designers do it. It is when they hide behind false names and avatars to "pump" up their ratings when people start crying foul.

Also, would you want to play a game that the designer's themselves did not like?

I also rate it a 10 as the publisher, but if I did not like it that much, then I would not invest tens of thousands of dollars to bring it to the market.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Gray
United States
Watertown
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
^ Well, here's hoping you see a good return. I just put in an order for the Jab combo. I'll be excited to receive these. It's too bad to order 2nd printing of Homesteaders sight unseen, but I'm hoping to be impressed by the components this time! Regardless, thanks for the cool promotion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.