Nick Bentley
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's horrible that there's not a single forum post for this game so I'm posting something.

This is my favorite game bar none. Powerfully, powerfully addictive and oceans deep. If you happen to read this, please try it. Especially if you're an abstract fan. Games like this aren't designed very often, and it would break my heart to see it die in obscurity. It would be like tossing a Picasso in the garbage.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Corey Clark
Canada
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
Haha, thanks Nick but I will gracefully accept the brunt of the responsibility for this game's luke warm reception. I should have done more to promote it (a lot more)even writing up a decent rules page like the current one would've been good. Now I could go into why I didn't do so but this would involve a journey into my psyche that I doubt anyone is willing to take, lol. I'll just say that I regret how poorly I handled the promotion end of things and I hope there's still a chance that this game could gain some momentum in the community.

I think ultimately if I want this or any of my games to receive recognition
I'll have to step up my output. Walter Zamkauskas did fine by one game but that was 1992 and now we have a saturated market, and a designer with one print and play game, as great as it may be will not cut it. So hopefully I'll have something new soon enough.

Btw Nick, have you played Slither much? I never see you on iggc but I figure maybe you've had a few chances to play offline. If so, any interesting findings in terms of theory?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Bentley
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have played it offline quite a bit (although not really in 2011 since I haven't had time for games in general), so I don't have anything new to add to the strategy discussion. I don't know when I'll have the time, I'd love to play with another serious player and put together a strategy thread.

And actually, I don't that inventing more good games is a good way to promote this good one. If I were promoting it, I'd:

a) write about it frequently
b) get a bot set up for it at iggc
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Corey Clark
Canada
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
milomilo122 wrote:

b) get a bot set up for it at iggc

easier said than done
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Quinn Swanger
United States
Holly Springs
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree, this is a good game. And if you like the novel mechanics in this connection game, you really owe it to yourself to check out Grim Reaper --- a Monet to this Picasso: http://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/30994/grim-reaper
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Calvin Daniels
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What size board is optimum?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Bentley
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
IMO, 10x10 for a beginner. Although more ambitiously minded folk seem to prefer starting on 13x13.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.