Subject: How many play the house rules instead of the official rules? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ron H
United States
Washington
Missouri
flag msg tools
I play Memor 44,Tide of Iron, and Axis and Allies:1942!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Poll
Do you ever use "unofficial" rules when using the air pack?
If so, what rules do you use?
a) No, I only play by the "official" rules in the air pack.
b) yes, I sometimes play StevenE's air deck.
c) yes, I sometimes play Rongammer's air rules.
d) yes, I sometimes play other air rules.
e) yes, I have played more than one version of "unofficial" air rules.
      38 answers
Poll created by rongammer

I was wondering if anyone were playing by StevenE's air deck rules, or my air rules, or other air rules rather than the official rules. I never liked the "official" rules, and never played them. Once I read that you had to make an air check for flying over a hill or minefield, and that air units only moved one more hex than tanks, I knew these rules were not for me. I was at a convention in '07 and a friend had said that he met Mr Borg, and that Richard had told him that he had wanted more of an anti-air role for units on the ground. While at a break at the con, I wrote my first air rules. It had strafing, bombing, and Kamikaze attacks. The latest version adds air and ground interdiction, recon, and the ability of the Storch to rescue a heroic leader. (which happened when the Germans rescued Mussolini).
I've looked at StevenE's air deck, and I like it as well. What do you think, and do you ever use any "unofficial" rules?

"And while the hordes of death are mighty, the battalions of life are mightier still. It is my hope that my son, when I am gone, will remember me not from the battle but in the home repeating with him our simple daily prayer, 'Our Father who art in heaven." Douglas MacArthur <
http://tincangeneral.com
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rauli Kettunen
Finland
Oulu
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't use house rules of any kind in M44 (or BC150).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
René Christensen
Denmark
Solroed Strand
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I own Air Pack, but have never used it!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Gibson
United States
San Diego (Scripps Ranch)
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If used properly, I think the Air Pack adds to the game. However, I have a hunch that many don't play because of the somewhat confusing rules. Seems to me that DoW or Richard Borg could provide more illustrated examples on the DoW website under Memoir.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pablo Merighi
Argentina
Mar del Plata
Buenos Aires
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Slotracer wrote:
I own Air Pack, but have never used it!!!

I do the same !! laugh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Janko Kene
Slovenia
Cerkno
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I use house rules;

An aircraft gets its combat abilities against different targets types including other airplanes. Hits against airplanes are on Stars. The only thing I have left from original rules is the Air Sortie/Power Card drawn to enter the battlefield and the requirement to be ordered on every turn.
Absolutely no Air check rolls. We have fighters or AAA for that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron H
United States
Washington
Missouri
flag msg tools
I play Memor 44,Tide of Iron, and Axis and Allies:1942!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Same here in my air rules. I know someone who knows R Borg who said that he had wished that units could have more of an anti-aircraft role in the game. So, I came up with Anti-Aircraft Artillery! Also ships can shoot down air units. So can other units on the ground, but they fire after the air unit makes it's attack (except the first targeted unit in the attack, who attacks at the same time as the air unit attacks. (because of the speed of attacking aircraft). My rules are available in the files section. or here: http://boardgamegeek.com/file/download/77bkxmurdv/Air_Rules_...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
René Christensen
Denmark
Solroed Strand
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I like to vote for "I bought the Air Pack, but have never used it, because I don't understand the official rules"!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.