Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Andrew Empacher
Canada
Fonthill
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've always enjoyed playing Arkham Horror with a single investigator as I don't mind losing as I still enjoy playing and the rare time I do win it's that much sweeter. I see that another poster was playing solo sessions and posting them so I thought I'd try my hand at something similar. Let me know if you enjoyed reading it as I wouldnt mind doing some more.

I use the base game, Dunwich Horror and Black Goat of the Woods all mixed together

The night is deathly still. After a meal with a friend at Ma's boarding house Michael McGlen the Gangster walks into the Southside Streets carrying only his Tommy Gun, a stick of dynamite and a few dollars in his pack.

Michael hears a crash and a blinding light come from Dunwich one town over. Intrigued he begins to head in that direction. Along the way, the Gangster hears chanting of gibberish from a group of people in an alley "Shug-Niggurath, Shug-Niggurath!".

On the way Michael stops at the Witch House for clues as what the blast of light was coming from Dunwich. On his way into the house he sees a group of small children chanting around a dead bird but he could understand nothing they were saying.

As he exits the house after asking around for information another blast of lights emanates from across town near the unnamable part of town.

The night returns to normal as a gypsey caravan enters the south side streets.

Mike begins a trek over to the Black Cave as he heard there is two brothers inside the cave with some information as to what's going on. As he begins to enter the cave a swarm of bats volleys out, some biting Michael but he just brushes it off. He gets the information and proceeds to leave.

Another bright light appears over the Witch House where he had just left. A wraith-like creature appears from the light and soars into the sky. You hear news of a contagion breaking out over in the town of Dunwich killing some civilians but also taking out a rampaging monster in the process.

Michael heads over to Independence Square but the square is empty and just a light breeze passes by.

Suddenly as the lights surge and you can hear horrific moans and screams in the distance. Loud Screams come from the nearby train station but they pass.

He heads back to the Black Cave for more information and hears eerie whispers coming from inside the cave. They seem to be whispering Michaels name. The eerie sounds send a shiver down his spine and send him on his way.

Suddenly another burst of light appears over the Uninvited Isle. The gypsies in the street are now getting nervous so they head out of town. You hear news that the Science Department has located Alien technology from inside these gates of light.

As he strolls over to the graveyard, Michael comes across a mysterious man painting a portrait of the graveyard. The painter merely glances at Michael but says nothing, turns around and goes back to painting.

A crash suddenly burgs through the air. Another one of these strange lights appears over the Silver Twilight Lodge. Michael also hears sirens in the distance and a scream as the sirens fade.

The Gangster heads over to the witch house with is engulfed in one of these inter dimensional portals. Feeling he has gathered enough information as to what they are, Mike steps through the gate into Another Dimension. As he slips into this strange new place he finds an important document crumpled on the ground going over some of the events that are currently taking place.

Looking back through the massive light dimensional tear, Mike sees another one of these tears back at the Black Cave. He can hear more screams coming from back in town.

Continuing through this Dimensional plane a monster appears from a small rift. The gangster stands firm as his will hardens. He pulls thebstick of dynamite from his pack, lights it and lobs it at the monster. The dynamite cripples it but the gangster jumps into the fray to finish it off.  

As he gathers himself, michael swings around as another surge of light appears through the gate. He notices a small rift outside the tear releasing monsters into Arkham.

As he exits the gate, Micahel notices the night darkens even further. He attempts to close the gate with an ancient relic but to no avail.

Another tear appears ove Wizard's Hill over in Dunwich. A quick change in weather sends a Balmy breeze through the air.

Forcing the relic even further, michael closes the gate and seals the area with an ancient inscription he found on the paper in the other dimension.

Another surge of light sends more rifts of monsters into Arkham. The people of Arkham are now fleeing the city.

A rat-man creature appears to stalk into the gangster. Standing firm, Michael dispatches the creature with ease.

Mike heads back over to the witch house. He speaks with an ancient mason who can sense his lack of knowledge and curses him forvwasting her invaluable time.

Another gate appears in Independece Square. Michael heads over to the gate leading into the Abyss at the Silver Twilight Lodge. Even someone as hardened as Michael McGlen feels nervous in this realm.

Looking back towards the outside of the gate, funnel clouds fill the skies of Arkham as another gate appears at the Historical Society. A strong rumbling begins to occur and Michael rushes out of the gate back into Arkham. The gates around town begin to collapse into one large mass of energy. A Godlike creature appears from the collective portal. Michael begins to unleash a spray of bullets from his Tommy gun but they just phase through the monster. Michaels nerves shatter as he feels the impending doom approaching. He turns the Tommy gun around and the last thing he does is pulls the trigger.

I hope you enjoyed the adventure. If you prefer it as gate appears at X with monster Y. Investigator moves here to pick up Z type of format let me know.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bern Harkins
United States
Buffalo
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Nice report... thanks for taking the time to share.

Awrend wrote:

I hope you enjoyed the adventure. If you prefer it as gate appears at X with monster Y. Investigator moves here to pick up Z type of format let me know

A actually do prefer a more "geekly" recounting of of the mechanical aspects of your game, but it's your report... write it to please yourself, and I do not think you will go too wrong.

Thanks again!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tobias Sölvefjord
Sweden
Skövde
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Awrend wrote:
After a meal with a friend at Ma's boarding house Michael McGlen the Gangster walks into the Southside Streets carrying only his Tommy Gun, a stick of dynamite and a few dollars in his pack.

Only in Arkham would that be considered light packing.
Thanks for sharing!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Mc Cabe
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why . . . I dream of things that never were and ask why not
mbmbmbmbmb
supersiamesisk wrote:
Awrend wrote:
After a meal with a friend at Ma's boarding house Michael McGlen the Gangster walks into the Southside Streets carrying only his Tommy Gun, a stick of dynamite and a few dollars in his pack.

Only in Arkham would that be considered light packing. :D
Thanks for sharing!

Ditto on the nice report. Very well done.

Mike must have left his Unique Item in his room

Brian

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Empacher
Canada
Fonthill
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It was Walking the Ley Lines. I had no chance of doing that task in a solo game lol

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.