Popular Tags: [View All]
Jonathan C
United States
Iowa
flag msg tools
badge
"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep, to gain what he cannot lose."
mbmbmbmbmb
I received 5 green fences in the mail last week, and they weren't from Home Depot. Shipped direct from Z-Man games.

A couple weeks ago my Brittany Spaniel puppy, Roxie, thought they looked a bit like dog treats. She's also perfecting the art of "table-surfing".

In a rare un-guarded moment [probably putting kiddos to bed] she must have dragged the green bag-o-bits off the table and into her lair. Five fences mauled to death. I e-mailed Zev at Z-Man games and inquiried how much it would cost to replace the material. Without responding to my question directly, he just wanted to know quantity and my shipping address.

Free of charge.

Wow.

Thanks Zev!

-Jonathan
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Bateson
United Kingdom
Ross-on-Wye
flag msg tools
badge
Oi! Hands off...
mbmbmbmbmb
Well done Zev! Good customer service always guarantees a return visit. Not to diss other games publishers, mind you: there are a lot who are more than willing to provide replacement bits and pieces.

Spaniels are THE death of Agricola bits, though. I have one stable with some serious teethmarks in it. I think it must be something in the paint...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gabe Covert
United States
Lexington
KY
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I had this exact same experience when a begging card fell on the floor and into the domain of a beagle puppy...

Zev is great about customer service!

ninja
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
badge
Wankel engine
mbmbmbmbmb
I had a similar experience when I emailed Zev about a No Thanks card that was damaged after being played on a damp spot on the table. I was hoping Zev would sell me a replacement card, but instead he just mailed it at no charge. Thanks, Zev!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Arabella
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I needed a baby sitter so I could play my Agricola, who came to the rescue: Zev. thanks Z-man.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Ferejohn
United States
Mountain View
California
flag msg tools
badge
Pitying fools as hard as I can...
mbmbmbmbmb
Who controls the british pound? Who keeps the metric system down? Z do, Z do.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
DC
United States
Grand Rapids
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Zev happily sent me a single purple Agricola disc (person) in the mail, which I had lost due to my own fault. One more voice saying "excellent service!"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cory Hockman
United States
Norcross
Georgia
flag msg tools
Just to add to the "awesome customer service" thread. I had a Rattus token come up missing, and asked how much it'd cost to replace. I got the same email just wanting to know the quantity and address.

Now you have a satisfied customer for life.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Andersen
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sent me a replacement card game in 3 days. How do you beat that?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jordan Stewart
Canada
Grand Bay-Westfield
NB
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
I also lost one fallen purple fence to a slightly bored sheltie pup.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mikkel Øberg
Denmark
Virum
flag msg tools
badge
Ahh, you found me... Run!
mbmbmbmbmb
JordanZS wrote:
I also lost one fallen purple fence to a slightly bored sheltie pup.

Read this without reading the original message. My thought: "That was a weird thing to say".

Losing food to dogs is normal, but losing freestanding structures in glossy colours to not really, only slightly, bored sheltie pubs just struck me as odd.

Now, reading the original message, it makes so much more sense. Unless, of course, that Jordan also wrote his message without reading anything else. Then it's still weird.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek Cabellon
United States
Tacoma
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmb
This is really good to know. I will factor this into future expansion purposes as I haven't had the same response from other distributors.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.