Recommend
16 
 Thumb up
 Hide
12 Posts

Innovation» Forums » General

Subject: Innovation FAQ rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
El-ad David Amir
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I have received Chris' (the game's publisher) permission to write a FAQ for Innovation, including the dogma texts for all cards. I'll start by harvesting questions from the rules forum; also, people are more than welcome to post suggestions for clarifications in this thread.
12 
 Thumb up
1.30
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Cieslik
United States
Arlington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Banana!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Yup. We will have both individual card clarifications, and general clarifications for each of the four action types, and some of the keywords.
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim McMahon
United States
West Springfield
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
Lookee what he can do! He wants a job!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
angelkurisu wrote:
Yup. We will have both individual card clarifications, and general clarifications for each of the four action types, and some of the keywords.
Anything going over the various targets of the word "you" would be great.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
El-ad David Amir
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
jimmcmahon wrote:
angelkurisu wrote:
Yup. We will have both individual card clarifications, and general clarifications for each of the four action types, and some of the keywords.
Anything going over the various targets of the word "you" would be great.

Hehe, fear not, that will definitely be covered (I already saw about three rules threads asking such questions).
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Cieslik
United States
Arlington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Banana!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Some of the biggest clarification areas:

Dogma Effects
-Demand vs Non-Demand (Who is being spoken to by 'you', who chooses things, etc)
-Cards with both a Demand and Non-Demand effect
-"Do all you can, ignore the rest"
-What is required for sharing bonus

Achievements
-Can claim out of order
-Meeting ALL requirements for claiming
-Timing on Special Achievements

8 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
El-ad David Amir
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
angelkurisu wrote:
-"Do all you can, ignore the rest"

HA! I'm going through the Rules forum, copy/pasting any of your relevant threads. The last line on the document I'm copying into...

“Do what you can, ignore the rest”.

But yes, so far the document covers all of the issues you raised (each of them was asked at least once).
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Powell
Ukraine
Berdyansk
flag msg tools
badge
I'm in my prime.
Avatar
mb
IirionClaus wrote:
angelkurisu wrote:
-"Do all you can, ignore the rest"

HA! I'm going through the Rules forum, copy/pasting any of your relevant threads. The last line on the document I'm copying into...

“Do what you can, ignore the rest”.

But yes, so far the document covers all of the issues you raised (each of them was asked at least once).


"Do what you can, ignore the rest" would be a perfect subtitle and description for the game:

Innovation: Do what you can, ignore the rest.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Stout
United States
Annandale
Virginia
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
IirionClaus wrote:
I have received Chris' (the game's publisher) permission to write a FAQ for Innovation, including the dogma texts for all cards. I'll start by harvesting questions from the rules forum; also, people are more than welcome to post suggestions for clarifications in this thread.

Bravo! A job sorely needed.

Some suggestions:

- Dogma effects: if multiple, resolve the first with all players, then the next with all players, etc. (A common confusion.)

- "Transfer" is never defined, though it is frequently used. When a card is transferred from one player's board to another's, I assume that the card is melded rather than tucked.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
El-ad David Amir
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Barliman wrote:
- Dogma effects: if multiple, resolve the first with all players, then the next with all players, etc. (A common confusion.)

- "Transfer" is never defined, though it is frequently used. When a card is transferred from one player's board to another's, I assume that the card is melded rather than tucked.


Both of these are already in the document. Thanks!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Danny
United States
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Any update on when this document will be available? Thanks!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
El-ad David Amir
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
snarkie wrote:
Any update on when this document will be available? Thanks!

Excellent question! I have just received the final version from Chris Cieslik. I uploaded the FAQ, it should be available as soon as an admin accepts the submission. I will post a message to the general forum as soon as it does.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Danny
United States
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
IirionClaus wrote:
snarkie wrote:
Any update on when this document will be available? Thanks!

Excellent question! I have just received the final version from Chris Cieslik. I uploaded the FAQ, it should be available as soon as an admin accepts the submission. I will post a message to the general forum as soon as it does.


Great news! Can't wait!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.