Dominion: Intrigue» Forums » Rules

Subject: Shanty Town + Torturer rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mark Shelton
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
I just played a shanty town, & revealed torturer as my only other action. I played torturer, & the first card I drew was another shanty town. Can I play it immediately to draw 2 more cards?
Btw, sorry if I posted this twice.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Schaeffer
United States
Unspecified
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You have to finish the Torturer first - i.e., draw the other two cards - and then if you still have no Action cards, you can play the second Shanty Town for two cards and two more actions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Shelton
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
Thanks. I just wasn't sure if an action could interrupt another action.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nakamura
Germany
flag msg tools
mb
eggmanonline wrote:

This would end in a confusing mess of interrupted cards, imagine if Menagerie was involved as well. Or you could play Farming Village for +2 actions, then play Courtyard, draw 3 cards and move back an Estate, then finish Farming Village, discarding the Estate...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nevin Steindam
United States
Lakewood
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
eggmanonline wrote:

It's best to think of yourself as having a "pool" of available actions. When a card says +1 Action or +2 Actions, you add that to the count of actions you have available. Then you finish doing everything on your current action card. When you're done, since you have more actions left in your pool, you can choose to play them. (This is just like +Buys and +Coins on action cards: You keep a count of them, rather than spending them immediately.)

The only special case is cards like Throne Room, where playing and resolving an action is part of that card's actual text. This usually isn't too confusing. You still finish resolving the current cards first. For example, if you play Throne Room-Shanty Town, you completely resolve the first Shanty Town by adding to your action pool and, if you have no actions in your hand, drawing cards. Then you MUST resolve the Shanty Town another time, so you add more actions to your pool, and if you still have no action cards in your hand, draw more cards. The important thing is that you can't go on and use those additional actions until the current cards in play are completely resolved. You couldn't play the actions still in your hand between the Shanty Towns, in order to have none in your hand when the Shanty Town is resolved a second time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.