Subject: English rules? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Anders Forslund
Sweden
Malmö
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I bought the german version(Xpress) when I was visiting Berlin last weekend but unfortunately, my german language skills were crappier than I thought so therefore:
Anyone have the english version in digital form?
[UPDATE:] Apparantely, the Rummikub Rummy Dice Game differs a bit from the Rummikub Xpress and not only in language....

/Ramses

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Amanda Peters

California
msg tools
You have probably already found the rules, eg, http://www.pagat.com/rummy/rummikub.html, but I wonder if you can tell me where you bought the game in Berlin? Looking to pick up a copy here. Thank you!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anders Forslund
Sweden
Malmö
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That would be the rules for Rummikub, I am looking for the rules for Rummikub XPress(or RK Dice Game).
So far I managed to find a danish version at http://www.danspil.dk/spillevejledninger/Rummikub_Xpress_spi...
but I still would like to find the english one.

I bought it at http://www.kadewe.com/

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Blau
Israel
flag msg tools
I got the same problem

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Allen
United States
Grand Ledge
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
"For 1 or more players. Ages 8 to adult

Object :

Try to form "group" or "run" from the numbers you roll on the dice. At the end of 5 rounds, the player with the highest score wins.

Contents :

Game base / playing field, game cover / dice cup, 9 dice, scorepad.

Set up :

Before starting, take a look at the dice . There are 52 color numbers -- red, orange, black and blue and two jokers.

Choose a player to keep score. This player writes the names of all players at the top of the columns on a scoresheet. Each player rolls the same die. The player who rolls the highest number goes first, then play moves to the left.

Playing :

On your turn you will roll dice a maximum of three times. Place all 9 dice in the game cover. Fold it over, shake and either roll the dice out or simply open the lid! Place ant dice that will help you make groups, runs and combined sets ( see description below ) on the game base in any of the boxes on the raised grid. Place the dice that you don't want in the dice cup and roll again. Place dice that you want to keep on the grid and re-roll any dice that you don't want. You can re-roll dice that you put on the grid before. If you want, roll dice for the third and final time.

A group : 3 or 4 dice with the same number in different colors

1 RED 1 BLUE 1 BLACK

A run : 3 or more dice with consecutive numbers with the same color.

1 RED 2 RED 3 RED

A combined set : has a die that joins groups and runs.

12 RED 12 ORANGE 12 BLUE

11 RED

10 RED

Jokers :

There are two Rummikub jokers on the dice. Jokers can be used to substitute for any number, in any color ( the color of the Joker is not significant ).

8 BLACK 8 BLUE JOKER /As Red 8 8 ORANGE

Ending and winning the game :

At the end of five rounds the game ends and the player with the highest score wins.

Solo Play :

Play five rounds of the game using the same scoring as above, then try to beat your score in another five rounds pf play.

**For easy storage, keep cover on base with the dice inside!"

from: http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-53200-19255-0/1?type=4&cam...

No idea on points but I found this.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anders Forslund
Sweden
Malmö
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Those rules seem to be for Rummikub Rummy Dice Game which is not the same as Rummikub Xpress.
And to complicate it further, it seems that (at least for Xpress), the rules differ between the different language versions.....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen McPherson
Australia
Tuggeranong
ACT
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Anders, if you still need the English Rules for Rummikub Xpress let me know. Although, I have questions, even with mine.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Cooper
United Kingdom
Cheltenham
Gloucestershire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have the current Ideal version of this game, which disappointingly says its for 2 players only. Confusingly, the same game with the same name, box, artwork and even the same number of dice, can be seen on ebay but its for 2-4 players:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/IDEAL-Rummikub-X-press-Dice-game-A...

Anyone got the rules for that?

I would also like to know if the Pressman version of the game can be played with the Ideal version. And, if I bought another copy of the Ideal version and merged the dice together, could I then play with 3-4 players? (My box came with two sets of 9 dice. Do we keep them seperate or mix them?)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.