Popular Tags: [View All]
Jonathan Powell
Ukraine
Berdyansk
flag msg tools
badge
I'm in my prime.
mb
What games are in Innovation's family tree? What games inspired it? Are there earlier games similar to it? It just doesn't remind me of anything I have played or read about.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trent Hamm
United States
Huxley
Iowa
flag msg tools
See this text? It's a gratuitous waste of GeekGold.
badge
The game itself isn't important. Spending time intellectually jousting with likeminded folks is the real reason to game.
mbmbmbmbmb
Glory to Rome is an obvious inspiration. It has some vague similarities to San Juan and Race for the Galaxy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
El-ad David Amir
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
trenttsd wrote:
Glory to Rome is an obvious inspiration. It has some vague similarities to San Juan and Race for the Galaxy.

Likewise. Innovation feels to me like the cool brother of Race for the Galaxy. And the awesome uncle of Dominion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Cieslik
United States
Arlington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Banana!
mbmbmbmbmb
I can't speak specifically to Carl's inspirations, but GtR is a decent starting point.

I drew a lot of my development inspiration from CCGs (Magic, and SW:CCG mostly), and the notion that lots of cards that all do interesting and different things is fun.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Chudyk
msg tools
designer
In Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri, you manage your civilization's high-level tendencies by selecting only one of five possible government policies in each of five different categories. The combination you choose to implement from those available due to your current technologies can greatly impact the feel of the game. This mechanism is recycled in Civilization IV.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.