Popular Tags: [View All]
Richard Berg
United States
South Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
OK Geekers, I'm looking to auction some of my games. Aside from the fact that the system seems to be trying to stop me from doing so (it keeps asking me to list a Starting Price, even when In do), you folks have any opinions on whether or not this is a good venue to sell some interesting, possibly obscure, items? Thanx for your insights . . .

rhb
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wesley
Nepal
Aberdeen
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
shake NO! They probably aren't even: "worth a Tinker's damn!"; so just SEND that to 'moi' directly instead as I'll 'dispose' of it properly, and you're welcome... robot

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Blum
United States
Wilmington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
If it's asking you for a starting price, you are doing a GeekGold auction, which is probably not what you want. To auction things for actual money you need to create a GeekList in the Trade and Auction area. For example:

http://boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/67960/undeadvikings-first-...

However, if you are selling obscure wargames, my advice is to put them on eBay. The fees are higher there than here, but there are a lot of wargame collectors who don't hang out here, based on my experience. You can link eBay auctions on the game pages here (using the eBay section, not forum posts).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cyrus the Great
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I would definitely check out an auction if you posted one, so make one however it works.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J.L. Robert
United States
Sherman Oaks
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Follow me for wargames!
mbmbmbmbmb
If you're selling Euros, you'll get close to online vendor prices for the more POPULAR titles. Obscure titles will be more of a crapshoot; it can go for a lot or a pittance.

Historical and wargames don't move very well at all. If you're trying to find market prices, you'll have to look elsewhere.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.