Longmont
Colorado
flag msg tools
admin
Winkles is here to help!
badge
Please let me know how I can help you.
mbmbmbmbmb
Sounds interesting. I have been meaning to check these out sometime. Can you post some links to some of the places to get episodes? In particular episodes that you liked?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Xander Fulton
United States
Astoria
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Easily, far and away, the best one is the 'animated' Starship Farragut episodes.

The same group does a 'live action' version, which is...no better than the average fan production. Their 'animated' series stands out, though, because it completely nails DEAD ON the style of the original 'Star Trek animated series' episodes. I mean, their framing and animation are just about carbon copies. It's a perfect fit!

Of the 'live action' fan films, probably the most 'famous' of them is the 'New Voyages' series. Most notable, because they have a number of regulars from the TV series guest star and reprise their roles, including George Takei (Sulu) and Walter Koenig (Chekov). I wasn't particularly impressed with their productions, but YMMV.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Warnken
United States
Harrison
Ohio
flag msg tools
I'm not crazy. My mother had me tested.
badge
Happy grandfather!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Aurora Trek is an animated series that takes place in the original series time frame. Only four episodes so far with the fifth (maybe final) episode due out this summer.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pieter
Netherlands
Maastricht
flag msg tools
Good intentions are no substitute for a good education.
badge
I take my fun very seriously.
mbmbmbmbmb
Drew1365 wrote:
Okay, so I'm a trekkie. I admit it. Shut up.

You are not a trekkie if you do not pronounce it "trekker".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leo Zappa
United States
Aliquippa
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I always thought "Star Trek Exeter" was pretty decent for a fan production...

Unfortunately, there are only one and half episodes finished so far, but still, pretty cool.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Warnken
United States
Harrison
Ohio
flag msg tools
I'm not crazy. My mother had me tested.
badge
Happy grandfather!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Drew1365 wrote:
Mundane wrote:
Aurora Trek is an animated series that takes place in the original series time frame. Only four episodes so far with the fifth (maybe final) episode due out this summer.

That looks like something my kids would enjoy. I don't mean that as a slam.

EDIT: Though . . . can you tell me how "adult" it is? I'm looking at reviews, and I see references that suggest it's aimed at a decidedly grown-up audience.

There are some mature issues with the main character's background that could disturb preteens.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cliff
United States
Western Great Lakes - Owashtinong Aajigaaning
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
XanderF wrote:
Of the 'live action' fan films, probably the most 'famous' of them is the 'New Voyages' series. Most notable, because they have a number of regulars from the TV series guest star and reprise their roles, including George Takei (Sulu) and Walter Koenig (Chekov). I wasn't particularly impressed with their productions, but YMMV.

A lot going with Star Trek - Phase II/New Voyages - check out the wiki

including some notables:

They lost a Hugo nomination to Doctor Who's 'Blink' episode. And not just regulars but lots o' non-regulars too, including:

Walter Koenig Pavel Chekov "To Serve All My Days" Koenig played Chekov in the Original Series and subsequent films.

George Takei Hikaru Sulu "World Enough and Time" Takei played Sulu in the Original Series and subsequent films.

Grace Lee Whitney Janice Rand "World Enough and Time" Whitney reprises her TOS role of Janice Rand in the third episode, as an officer on Captain Sulu's ship, the USS Excelsior. (This connects to her appearances as an Excelsior crewmember in the movie Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country and the Star Trek: Voyager episode "Flashback.")

Denise Crosby Dr. Jenna Yar "Blood and Fire" Played the characters of Lieutenant Tasha Yar and Sela in Star Trek: The Next Generation. Also hosted/co-produced the films Trekkies and Trekkies 2. (Her character here has been referred to in promotional material for this episode as Tasha Yar's grandmother, and even goes so far as to refer to herself as Jenna Natasha Yar.)

Mary Linda Rapelye Ambassador Rayna Morgan "To Serve All My Days" Rapelye appeared as Irina Galliulin in TOS episode "The Way to Eden."

BarBara Luna Veronica/Alersa "In Harm's Way"; "Enemy: Starfleet!" BarBara Luna appeared as "the Captain's Woman" in TOS episode "Mirror, Mirror."

William Windom Commodore Matt Decker "In Harm's Way" William Windom reprises his role of Commodore Decker from nearly 40 years ago in TOS episode "The Doomsday Machine."

Malachi Throne Korogh (Kargh's father) and Commodore José Mendez (voice) "In Harm's Way" Throne played Commodore José Mendez in TOS episode "The Menagerie" and Romulan Senator Pardek in TNG episode "Unification."

Eddie Paskey Admiral Leslie "Come What May" Eddie Paskey plays the father of Lt. Leslie, an uncredited but frequent character he portrayed in the original series.[4]

John Winston Captain Matthew Jefferies "Come What May" John Winston played the transporter chief Lieutenant Kyle in the original series.[5] His character's name here pays homage to the real Matt Jeffries, who designed the original starship Enterprise.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wesley
Nepal
Aberdeen
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
robot "Star Trek EXETER" hath consumed FIVE-(5) '4' its 15-"minutes", so they need 2 CHOSE: "otherwisely" whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sim Guy
United States
Albuquerque
New Mexico
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
http://www.hiddenfrontier.com/ = Horrible acting, gulp although some very nice externals of the starships.

http://www.startreknewvoyages.com/ = Pretty awful first episode, In Harm's Way, with the cast 'Kirk' looking more like an Elvis impersonator. laugh

Later episodes ('Kirk' gets a haircut) are as good as standard TOS episodes, for the most part. The acting is a cut below, but Takei and Koenig raise the bar some in their reprises, and the FX are pretty decent. I haven't seen the two part with Denise Crosby, or the latest effort. But I'll get to them soon.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fraser
Australia
Melbourne
flag msg tools
admin
designer
Back in the days when there were less maps we played every map back to back
badge
Ooh a little higher, now a bit to the left, a little more, a little more, just a bit more. Oooh yes, that's the spot!
mbmbmbmbmb
Flyboy Connor wrote:
Drew1365 wrote:
Okay, so I'm a trekkie. I admit it. Shut up.

You are not a trekkie if you do not pronounce it "trekker".

It depends where you come from, here in Australia everything ends in an "ie" not "er", e.g. truckies, bikie, trekkie...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cliff
United States
Western Great Lakes - Owashtinong Aajigaaning
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think years ago I read/watched something that said something like Trekkies became Trekkers in the USA but I'm not Klingon to cultural (photon) canon too strongly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.