A Game of Thrones: The Card Game» Forums » General

Subject: What to get? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Steven Sparrow
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
i have been playing agot for about 5 months now. my favorite house is stark by far, but baratheon is good with me as well. my playing partenr has the entire first expansion set and almost all of the second. i need to catch up, but i am not sure which route to go to upgrade my deck. i only have the starter set. should i go with a big expansion (kings of the north) to boost up the starks or the chapter packs?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Ach
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If you don't have a second core set, that would be a good way to go. The Stark expansion is great and has a lot in it. If you just want to play Stark, that's the best route to start. You can always go back and fill in from chapter packs later.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Sparrow
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
thanks for the advice. another question. bran stark seems to be a pretty useless character. i dont quite understand the his ability. it says kneel him to change plot cards. how would that help? do i get extra income or anything by making this action?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Ach
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You only count income once during Marshalling using whatever plot is active at the start of your Marshalling phase.

Bran's ability is helpful for the "when revealed" text of a plot card. For example, many find him useful with the City plots. http://agot.dbler.com/?view=dsearch&textsearch=city&frt=0&rV...
But I'm sure there are other combinations you could think of that would be interesting.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Sparrow
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
awesome, that does make a lot more sense.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Sparrow
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
two more questions. the kings of the north expansion changes grey wind to an attachment. can u now play him as a character and attachment or do u have to pick one? secondly, r there an particular chapter packs to go after to build up the stark house or is it better to just start from the first one and proceed in order?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew Dallas
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You can have up to 3 total copies of cards titled *Grey Wind in your deck. Only one my be in play at a time. If one of them is in the dead pile the other one may not be played.

Generally you choose one or the other.

As far as stark goes, it depends on what type of deck you are building. If you are building a direwolf deck you're going to want to grab Sacred Bonds for Feral Pack. Unfortunately it only comes 1 time in the pack so it will be around 20 to get 3x copies.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Sparrow
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
where can i go to get a list of all the cards in each expansion pack?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Ach
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
http://agot.dbler.com/
http://www.cardgamedb.com/
http://info.wsisiz.edu.pl/~szczesnj/

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Sparrow
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
Wow, great resources!!!!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darksbane wrote:
You can have up to 3 total copies of cards titled *Grey Wind in your deck. Only one my be in play at a time. If one of them is in the dead pile the other one may not be played.

Generally you choose one or the other.

You can get a certain amount of flexibility by including a copy of each.

If you play the Grey Wind attachment, and it gets discarded, you can still play the Grey Wind character. But if you play the character, and it dies, you can't play the attachment.
You also can't use the attachment as a dupe of the character.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew Dallas
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
joedogboy wrote:

You can get a certain amount of flexibility by including a copy of each.

Generally it is a bad idea though. It just dilutes your deck.

joedogboy wrote:

Admitedly I don't play different versions of the same unique card but I just scanned through the rules and I don't see anything about this.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Rice
United States
LIHUE
HI
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Another resource is www.agotcards.org

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Agent 57
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
joedogboy wrote:

Sure you can. It only needs to have the same name. Nothing else matters.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Agent 57 wrote:
joedogboy wrote:

Sure you can. It only needs to have the same name. Nothing else matters.

Exactly. A card called "Jamie Lannister" is considered a duplicate of any other card named "Jamie Lannister" - even if the art and text/abilities are different. Otherwise, you could have 3 copies of each variant of "Jamie Lannister" in your deck (giving you the ability to have a dozen or more copies of some characters), rather than a strict limit of 3 copies of any combination of cards named "Jamie Lannister".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.