A Game of Thrones: The Card Game» Forums » Rules

Subject: When can you use responses on cards. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
For instances cards like Enemy Informer and Castellan of the Rock.

Castellan of the Rock - Limited Response: After you play a (Lion Head Icon) character or laction form your hand, choose and kneel a character without attachments.

Enemy Informer - Response: After you play Enemy Informer form your hand, choose and kneel a character.

The way I play it I play (either card) and then I kneel a character.

But I have had to argue with people because they believe I cannot trigger responses of cards that I just played. And from what I can tell responses open up after an event happens regardless of if they were in play before the event. IE: Event occurs, Event Ends, Response to Event opens, Response Ends, Response to Response Open (ad nauseum)

sorry if I'm not using the right terminology, any help appreciated =)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
They are written the same. If you look closely you will see the only different word is the who/what.

The only support I have is form the FAQ section.

Response "Opportunities"
When the requirements (or "play restrictions") for playing a response are met, the response is said to have an "opportunity." The first possible opportunity may arise with the very action that started the action window itself, but other opportunities within an action window may arise when other responses, and/or passive abilities (executed within the same action window), are resolved.

I see that as far as I can tell you do something. Then you can do something if the requirements are met regardless of where the card was as long as it is in play now.

Actually I just looked at the player action window flow chart. It's pretty clear now.

Action - Card is played Castellan of the rock; cost is payed
Save/Cancel response - if any
Action is resolved - Castellan of the rock enters play
Passive Abilities - if any
Response - Castellan of the rock a (lion head icon) was played; Castellan of the rock's Limited Response
End of Action/Moribund - end of action/start of next action
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Brant
Canada
Stittsville
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think Enemy Informer's response text makes it clear that you can play triggered responses of cards just played.

Additionally, there is nothing like Magic's summoning sickness going on here so there is no reason I can see that you can't use a triggered response from a character just played.

From page 15 of the FAQ:

"The first possible opportunity may arise with the very action that started the action window itself”

Playing/Marshalling the card(s) are step 1 of an action window. Normal responses, which these 2 are, can be triggered in step 5 of the action that opened the action window.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the reply. I just noticed that action window my self. I think its pretty clear now. Thanks. =)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.