Popular Tags: [View All]
Jonny Lawless
United States
Bountiful
Utah
flag msg tools
Four crazy kids and happy as a clam!
badge
My name is Glenn! Long have I carried Cyrus's hopes and dreams, and now I bear the Masamune as well! Henceforth, I claim them as my own! I shall slay the Fiendlord Magus and restore our honor!
mbmbmbmbmb
While browsing random cards, I came across this one:

http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details.aspx?multiver...

Someone posted a pretty ridiculous combo, and then someone else had to go and outdo him (you may want to view it from the link, so you can get links to the cards he references):
Quote:
@Andon_A

your work, sir, is admirable. but, as a troll, i feel obligated to one up you.

So, in an even more convoluted situation...

4 Spitemares, 4 Mogg Maniacs, 4Quest for Pure Flames, 4 Furnace of Raths, 4 Fire Servants, 4 Gratuitous Violences, a Stuffy Doll and a Shivan Meteor.

The Shivan Meteor is going to zoom in through the rift and pop 53,248 damage on your Spitemare because it's really doing 13 x (2^12) damage from being doubled 4 times by the Fire Servants, Quest for Pure Flames and Furnace of Raths.

Chances are pretty good that your Spitemare will cease to exist. BUT BEFORE IT DOES, it's going to pump that damage up 2^12 again after being doubled by the Gratuitous Violences, the Quests and the Furnaces. The Fire Servant won't really be of any more use to you because it really just served to boost your initial sorcery.

As the first Spitemare waves this world goodbye, it deals 218,103,808 (yes, over 218 million. that's over 9000 by a LOT) damage to your second Spitemare.

As THAT Spitemare bites the dust it's going to do 893,353,197,568 damage to a third one.

When THAT Spitemare kicks the bucket it's going to do 3,659,174,697,238,528 (over 3 quadrillion damage) to your last Spitemare, who at this point should have seen this coming.

When your last Spitemare sizzles you SHOULD have garnered enough damage to completely obliterate SOMEONE. Most declarations of life totals after 'infinite life loops' are usually lower than 3 quadrillion. Well, last night one of my friends got 5 quintillion squirrels with his Squirrel Nest and Earthcraft combo and then pulled a Luminescent Rain.

So, when over 3 quadrillion damage just isn't enough for you, tell your Mogg Maniacs that you're sorry and continue, full speed ahead.

The first Mogg Maniac is going to take a total of 1,498,798,955,989,010,688 damage from your last Spitemare.

It's going to make a funny little popping sound when it dies but dish out 61,390,764,277,305,387,778,048 (over 61 se - X - tillion) damage to another Mogg Maniac. (goblins can be a little bit irrational at times)

The second Mogg will probably scream "AIIIEEEE!" and deal 251,456,570,479,842,868,338,884,608 (over 251 septillion) damage to a third Mogg.

The third Mogg will go out in a blaze of glory while channeling a total of 1,029,966,112,685,436,388,716,071,354,386 (over 1 nonillion damage... some of you didn't even know that was a number) damage to your fourth.

Stop there? "NO WAY!!"

Your last Mogg Maniac is going to Disintegrate and deal 4,218,741,197,559,547,448,181,028,267,565,056 (over 4 decillion) damage to your poor little Stuffy Doll.

It's probably going to want to run away and cry but, if you're lucky, those tears will be tears of rage and it will feel like dishing out an unreasonable amount of damage.

If you were smart (and ridiculous) enough to pull off this whole combo yet you chose yourself as the player that Stuffy Doll targets. I quit. I just quit.

If you had this plan up your sleeve the whole time: Congratulations, Johnny.

You just dealt your opponent seventeen undecillion, two hundred seventy-nine decillion, nine hundred sixty-three nonillion, nine hundred forty-five octillion, two hundred three septillion, nine hundred six sextillion, three hundred forty-seven quintillion, seven hundred forty-nine quadrillion, four hundred ninety-one trillion, seven hundred eighty-three billion, nine hundred forty-six million, four hundred sixty-nine thousand, three hundred seventy-six damage. (17,279,963,945,203,906,347,749,491,783,946,469,376)

At this point, you should have already cast Flaring Pain.

Then, just for the hell of it, go ahead and throw a Desperate Gambit on there.

purely for the lols.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
PenumbraPenguin
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The best such combo I've seen is one where you get Doubling Season (an enchantment which doubles the number of creature tokens and miscellaneous counters that you get), turn it into a creature, and start making token copies of it.

You make one copy, you get 2 instead.
You make another, you get 8.
Make one more, and you get 2048.
Just one more copy, and the number of token copies of doubling season you get is about 10^600.

If you feel like overkill, make a few more

Another interesting one is what happens if you have nothing in play, play two Precursor Golems (text below), and then play Rite of Replication (text below) with kicker targeting one of the golem tokens. How many golems do you end up with?

Spoiler (click to reveal)
426. (72 precursor golems and 354 golem tokens)

Precursor Golem:
Creature - Golem
When Precursor Golem enters the battlefield, put two 3/3 colorless Golem artifact creature tokens onto the battlefield.
Whenever a player casts an instant or sorcery spell that targets only a single Golem, that player copies that spell for each other Golem that spell could target. Each copy targets a different one of those Golems.

Rite of Replication:
Put a token onto the battlefield that's a copy of target creature. If Rite of Replication was kicked, put five of those tokens onto the battlefield instead.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
kirby g
United States
sheboygan
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
PenumbraPenguin wrote:

Another interesting one is what happens if you have nothing in play, play two Precursor Golems (text below), and then play Rite of Replication (text below) with kicker targeting one of the golem tokens. How many golems do you end up with?

Spoiler (click to reveal)
426. (72 precursor golems and 354 golem tokens)

Precursor Golem:
Creature - Golem
When Precursor Golem enters the battlefield, put two 3/3 colorless Golem artifact creature tokens onto the battlefield.
Whenever a player casts an instant or sorcery spell that targets only a single Golem, that player copies that spell for each other Golem that spell could target. Each copy targets a different one of those Golems.

Rite of Replication:
Put a token onto the battlefield that's a copy of target creature. If Rite of Replication was kicked, put five of those tokens onto the battlefield instead.

Ya and then I doom blade them all!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Jome
United States
Franklin
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
Doesn't Mogg Maniac only damage players and not other creatures?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Tan
Philippines
Quezon City
Metro Manila
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
cosine wrote:
Doesn't Mogg Maniac only damage players and not other creatures?

Good point. I believe the troll that tried to one-up the original combo (which had only one Mogg Maniac, though not the other excessive doublers) got too excited and didn't read Mogg Maniac correctly. Someone eventually pointed it out, but I think they only care about the mention of 61,000 quintillion ++

Still, hats off to you for getting the last laugh.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris May
United States
Fort Worth
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
Feeling lucky punk? Well, do ya?
mbmbmbmbmb
Shivan meteor is one my favorite artworks on a magic card. (that is why I made it my avatar whistle )

I love the idea that you might have to use this to kill some 2 or 3 toughness creature you need killed. Hilarious!

edit: Also, I love the suspend mechanism on this card. You see it coming 2 turns away and unless you are blue there is probably nothing you can do about it, lol!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Angelo Nikolaou
Greece
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Pfff, stuffy doll owns mogg maniac

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.