Jason
United States
Arnold
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Is there something "up" with the file submission queue? Or did some poor slacker go on vacation?

Got a couple files I submitted mid-last week that are still queued near as I can tell.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott A. Reed
United States
Lawrence
Kansas
flag msg tools
badge
mb
The file submission admins are a group that work on the files queue when they have time outside of their normal work and family obligations. Sometimes the queue can back up a little while they are attending to other matters. There has also been a large volume of activity in the files section, with some 250+ items in the last week alone. Please have a little patience and your submissions will be attended to in due time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason
United States
Arnold
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, Scott!

I assumed it worked similar to the Geek-Mod process.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Walt
United States
Orange County
California
flag msg tools
Before terraforming Mars, Surviving Mars is required: Paradox Interactive; Steam.
badge
Please contact me about board gaming in Orange County.
mbmbmbmbmb
When you go into GeekMod, you'll see something like:

Images 42 | Videos 3 | Image Links 0 | Articles 2 | Data 1

Data are things like links to web pages. Everything not handled by GeekMod is hand approved by Admin and their helpers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carsten ◄► Wesel
Germany
Pinneberg-Quellental
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
skelebone wrote:
The file submission admins are a group that work on the files queue when they have time outside of their normal work and family obligations. Sometimes the queue can back up a little while they are attending to other matters. There has also been a large volume of activity in the files section, with some 250+ items in the last week alone. Please have a little patience and your submissions will be attended to in due time.

It's always OK, to spend time to the family and other work, but maybe it would be a nice idea, to have the possibility to see the queue or the size of the queue. Like:

Aproved yesterday:

Aproved today:

Still in the queue:
devil devil devil devil devil devil devil devil devil devil devil devil devil devil devil devil devil devil devil devil devil devil devil devil
New to the queue today:
surprise surprise surprise surprise surprise surprise surprise surprise surprise surprise surprise
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
KAS
United States
Arlington
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
Although not all of the items you are looking for, you can view the queue here:

http://boardgamegeek.com/files/boardgame/all?filestate=pendi...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
dale yu
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
admin
designer
If you're not part of the soultion...
badge
You're part of the precipitate!
mbmbmbmbmb
Wired_Wolf wrote:
Is there something "up" with the file submission queue? Or did some poor slacker go on vacation?

Got a couple files I submitted mid-last week that are still queued near as I can tell.

If you re-read the rules for uploading files which is found on the dialog page when you upload:

Quote:

File Upload Rules
UPDATED 12 DEC 2010 - PLEASE RE-READ BEFORE UPLOADING

This page discusses submitting files to a particular game. See How to Add Content for a general summary and information on other content submission.

To submit a file for a game, go the the game page, find the Files section, and click "Add File". Click on the Browse button and find the file on your local hard drive. Enter a brief description with version, and, click on the submit button to upload the file to the database.

To update a previous file, go to the game page, find the file you are updating, click its link so you go to the file's page, and from that page (not the game page), use the "Upload File" link to upload the updated file.

Files are submitted for approval by admins for several reasons:

* Files need to be verified to be virus free and not corrupt.
* Old versions of files need to be removed by admins

Since every file needs to be downloaded, tested, and evaluated, there can be a significant delay for approval of files. While the delay may be as short as a day, it is typically 2-3 weeks, and can stretch to 4 weeks during conventions or vacations

The number of files uploaded has grown considerably in the past few months, and I know that a few of the file approval folks, myself included, have had summer vacations and/or crises at work to deal with.

We are catching up this week, but it still may be awhile...

Thanks
Dale
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.