Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Matthew Rauh
United States
St. Peter
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I like these older GBACW games, but have always been a little afraid of breaking out Bloody April because of the bookkeeping.

I know there is an optional fatigue rule in the game, but has someone came up with a different system. How does the game play with simply using brigade combat effectiveness and no fatigue?

I thought of coming with my own, keeping track of fatigue by brigade. You keep track it by hour instead of by turn.

I plan on retrofitting the Terrible Swift Sword version two rules. I plan on keep a couple Bloody April rules like fire coordination. I don't have much of a problem with all the different cannon types. I might still use the ammo rules as written. But one thing I do use now are the command and orders rules from The Gamers Civil War regimental series. They are very good and give a good feel for command. I played Terrible Swift Sword with these and it was an excellent game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Warren Bruhn
United States
Roseburg
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Probably the best place to ask that question is on the Consimworld Forums thread for the series as a whole:

http://talk.consimworld.com/WebX?50@553.bZjhcTUVovg.7@.ee6d7...

There's lots of guys on that thread who have experience retrofitting rules from one game in the series to another. Bloody April itself has a specific thread on Consimworld, and it was active with posts up to last month. A search of the archived posts (199) on that thread would probably result in finding a previous discussion of modified fatigue. Also, a search for Bloody April and fatigue on the series thread (over 1400 posts) might locate another previous discussion of the topic. There just isn't as much for Bloody April or the series here on BGG.

By the way, I have a copy of Bloody April, but never played it.

[and I agree that 1776 is a great game!]
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Rauh
United States
St. Peter
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the advice. I hadn't checked the archives at Consim though I lurk a lot (too cheap to buy a membership so I can post; I just read).

1776 is one of my favorites, especially with the leader rules. I am also a huge fan of VG Civil War.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.