Jenks
Germany
Eckernfoerde
Schleswig-Holstein
flag msg tools
badge
Lest we Forget
mbmbmbmbmb
When I try to look at a user's specific contributions, say, for example, their forum threads, I am presented with a blank form - the header bar is there but the list is not populated.

Sometimes I can see them, other times I can't. There doesn't seem to be much rhyme or reason to whether it will show up or not.

Example link:

http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/browse/region/1?username=jen...

I am using Firefox 4.0.1 on Windows 7

Thanks,

Jenks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paolo Robino
Italy
Dueville
Vicenza
flag msg tools
"I'm a Nay Saying worm beast!"
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Jenkachu wrote:
When I try to look at a user's specific contributions, say, for example, their forum threads, I am presented with a blank form - the header bar is there but the list is not populated.

Sometimes I can see them, other times I can't. There doesn't seem to be much rhyme or reason to whether it will show up or not.

Example link:

http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/browse/region/1?username=jen...

I am using Firefox 4.0.1 on Windows 7

Usually the problem is limited to threads, and does not extend to other types of contributions (say, replies). It has been reported by several users already (but I'm not sure if the admins/developers took notice), and it does not seem related to any particular browser. Reloading the page again and again (in my experience, anywhere between 3 and 20+ times) usually takes care of the problem, i.e. the contributions finally appear.

Not a real solution, but at least you can see a user's threads.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
col_w
United Kingdom
Poole
Dorset
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's been reported a couple of times now:

Unable to View Threads
Blank forum thread contributions page

In the 2nd thread Aldie confirms it's on the fix list.

In the meantime, if refreshing doesn't get you there (it doesn't always for me), you can try either

1. Going to the user's RSS feed (drop down the arrow in the avatar block to get to it).

2. Going to Forums > Search (rather than the general search in the menu bar above it) - it lets you search by username and specific forum.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott A. Reed
United States
Lawrence
Kansas
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Paolo Robino wrote:
It has been reported by several users already (but I'm not sure if the admins/developers took notice)

Admins have taken notice, and there is a bug report in the bug console about it, but the programmers have been working on other site issues along with the general site overhaul/redesign.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
United States
Ronkonkoma
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yep - happens all the time for me.....

I've just given up; it's nice thinking I'm the only one making any contributions to the site....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.