michael heitz
United States
Santa Fe
New Mexico
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
We had an interesting situation occur in last night's game. I am in the brig on another player's turn. He XO's me. There is an ally with me in the brig. XO allows me to move and take an action, or take two actions without moving. If I say I am moving, but cannot (obviously), do I encounter the ally? Conversely, if I opt to not move and take two actions, do encounter the ally or not? The question boils down to this: do you have a "movement step" when you are XO'd or only on your own turn? You encounter allies "at the end your movement step." This question would also apply to when you are not in the brig. Say I am XO'd and move to a location with an ally. Is that a "movement step" causing/allowing me to encounter the ally? Or is there no "movement step" because it is not my turn?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darrin Williams
United States
Allen
Texas
flag msg tools
I have overtext. Yes I do.
badge
I have overtext. How 'bout you !
mbmbmbmbmb
You only encounter an Ally on your turn.

On each player's turn, they get a Movement Step and an Action Step.

If you are XO'd, you are XO'd during another player's Action Step. Therefore, you cannot do any "Movement Actions" like Preventative Policy or the CL's special powers.

You are allowed to move, but that movement doesn't happen during the Movement Step.

You only encounter an ally on the Movement Step of your own turn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ismael Kenig
Brazil
Brasília
Distrito Federal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Page 17, second column, first paragraph: "A player may only encounter an ally on his turn..."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
michael heitz
United States
Santa Fe
New Mexico
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Thank you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.