Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Claude Galarneau
Canada
Trois-Rivieres
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Thanks, You did a really great job. It will be nice to play all those scenarios.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dr. Love
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Thank you for this.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
valmesh m'rath
msg tools
Thank you so much for this awesome work !

Do you have a version with the map using Deathwing Tiles for those who custom made it ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pone McPoneface
United States
Dublin
Ohio
flag msg tools
There is a road, no simple highway, between the dawn and the dark of night, and if you go no one may follow, that path is for your steps alone. Ripple in still water, when there is no pebble tossed, nor wind to blow.
badge
To seek the sacred river Alph, to walk the caves of ice, to break my fast on honey dew and drink the milk of paradise... I had heard the whispered tales of immortality, the deepest mystery, from an ancient book I took a clue.
mb
Great work! Thank you very much for your efforts and your willingness to share!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent Lloyd
United States
League City
Texas
flag msg tools
Canadian Game Design Award: http://www.fallcon.com/design
badge
Canadian Game Design Award: http://www.fallcon.com/design
mbmbmbmbmb
Fluffy James wrote:
I have all the files (lost during the GGWBGGP*) needed for the custom tiles, but I'm too lazy & too clumsy to produce the same quality as the original.

It is really easy to make these tiles for yourself. Print the tiles using high quality printing on glossy photo paper.

Grab some cheap picture matting from a hobby store, hopefully half as thick as the base game tiles. Cut off two pieces larger than the tile you printed. Spread white glue thinly (!) and evenly (!) on one piece of the matting. Stick the picture of the tile on, place on a flat surface under heavy flat weight over night..

Cut out the tile using a pair of sharp scissors and a knife for the tight corners.

Do the same thing with the second piece of matting, gluing, heavy weight over night, trim.

I found the exisiting graphics are actually off on the puzzle piece ends, so I use an existing base game tile piece as a reference.

After all the gluing and trimming, use a sharpie marker to blacken the edge of the photopaper and picture matting....done!

If you use thin and spread evenly glue with a heavy weight over night, there is no warping of the final product.

Peace

PS. Just do it, it is way more intimidating than it actually is. You likely learned all the skills in kindergarten!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Ridgway
United States
Fairfax Station
Virginia
flag msg tools
How much for the little game in the window?
badge
Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
mbmbmbmbmb
Thunder wrote:
Fluffy James wrote:
I have all the files (lost during the GGWBGGP*) needed for the custom tiles, but I'm too lazy & too clumsy to produce the same quality as the original.

It is really easy to make these tiles for yourself. Print the tiles using high quality printing on glossy photo paper.

Grab some cheap picture matting from a hobby store, hopefully half as thick as the base game tiles. Cut off two pieces larger than the tile you printed. Spread white glue thinly (!) and evenly (!) on one piece of the matting. Stick the picture of the tile on, place on a flat surface under heavy flat weight over night..

Cut out the tile using a pair of sharp scissors and a knife for the tight corners.

Do the same thing with the second piece of matting, gluing, heavy weight over night, trim.

I found the exisiting graphics are actually off on the puzzle piece ends, so I use an existing base game tile piece as a reference.

After all the gluing and trimming, use a sharpie marker to blacken the edge of the photopaper and picture matting....done!

If you use thin and spread evenly glue with a heavy weight over night, there is no warping of the final product.

Peace

PS. Just do it, it is way more intimidating than it actually is. You likely learned all the skills in kindergarten!

Ah, but where do I get the files if they don't magically appear in my geekmail in box? whistle

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
valmesh m'rath
msg tools
Some links to help you create it :
http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/465041/tutorial-genestealer-...

All materials are listed and it really looks amazing.

Some photos of custom made tiles made a different way :

http://boardgamegeek.com/image/623330/space-hulk-third-editi...

I'm working on my set using the first link with the embossing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Ridgway
United States
Fairfax Station
Virginia
flag msg tools
How much for the little game in the window?
badge
Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
mbmbmbmbmb
valmesh wrote:
Some links to help you create it :
http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/465041/tutorial-genestealer-...

All materials are listed and it really looks amazing.

Some photos of custom made tiles made a different way :

http://boardgamegeek.com/image/623330/space-hulk-third-editi...

I'm working on my set using the first link with the embossing.

Fantastic! Now I just need to finish painting the marines.

(*sigh* I was so much faster at this before I had three kids.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryce K. Nielsen
United States
Elk Ridge
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow, nice, didn't even realize there were that many missions. Nice to have them in one location too, instead of spread out across books, magazines, printouts, etc.

-shnar
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Miller
United States
Eureka
MT
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
It looks like a lot of work went into this. Thank you for that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Conquering the world since 1983
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
A Compendium of known missions for the third edition of a popular corridor space game.

It's just shy of 400 pages. laugh
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pone McPoneface
United States
Dublin
Ohio
flag msg tools
There is a road, no simple highway, between the dawn and the dark of night, and if you go no one may follow, that path is for your steps alone. Ripple in still water, when there is no pebble tossed, nor wind to blow.
badge
To seek the sacred river Alph, to walk the caves of ice, to break my fast on honey dew and drink the milk of paradise... I had heard the whispered tales of immortality, the deepest mystery, from an ancient book I took a clue.
mb
MrTasty wrote:
A Compendium of known missions for the third edition of a popular corridor space game.

Wow! Worthy or praise and some geek gold! Thank you for sharing!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
Pone4games wrote:
MrTasty wrote:

Thanks! I can't really take any credit, though.
JT Call
United States
Pocatello
Idaho
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
put it together and sent it to me. I asked if I could upload it and he gave me the go ahead.

Consequently, I'll be donating the gg to him...which I'm sure he will appreciate.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JT Call
United States
Pocatello
Idaho
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MrTasty wrote:
Pone4games wrote:
MrTasty wrote:

Thanks! I can't really take any credit, though.
JT Call
United States
Pocatello
Idaho
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
put it together and sent it to me. I asked if I could upload it and he gave me the go ahead.

Consequently, I'll be donating the gg to him...which I'm sure he will appreciate.

Merci.

EDIT: Here is the updated dropbox link

https://www.dropbox.com/s/qdl7m79wfxwn0l2/Space%20Hulk%20Mis...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
You earned it!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JT Call
United States
Pocatello
Idaho
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
modest
MrTasty wrote:
You earned it!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pone McPoneface
United States
Dublin
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mb
talusproteus wrote:
modest
MrTasty wrote:
You earned it!

Thank you both for making my day! Here's 5 more to show my continued appreciation!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JT Call
United States
Pocatello
Idaho
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
To actually give credit where it is due, though, I only created the Tome of Fire campaign. Everything else I quite liberally pillaged from other people's work. It was also intended for personal use, so I didn't bother crediting people or proof reading their missions. ninja
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Claude Galarneau
Canada
Trois-Rivieres
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Wow!
Thanks, It'S simply amazing!
I'll to bring my 3rd edition game to the table more often.

Cigal
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pone McPoneface
United States
Dublin
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mb
talusproteus wrote:
To actually give credit where it is due, though, I only created the Tome of Fire campaign. Everything else I quite liberally pillaged from other people's work. It was also intended for personal use, so I didn't bother crediting people or proof reading their missions. ninja

I appreciate your candor and honesty! But to combine all this effort into one tome of goodness was no doubt quite a project in itself! Thank you again it is a welcome edition to my Space Hulk family!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Miceli
msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
Dead Man's Doubloons
mbmbmbmbmb
Now if we could only get a conversion of the Expanding The Hulk stuff that incorporates Eldar and other races

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JT Call
United States
Pocatello
Idaho
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
PM me your email and I'll see if I have something that may or may not scratch that itch.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JT Call
United States
Pocatello
Idaho
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Fluffy James wrote:

I updated the original post with Dropbox links.

Hmm. It appears that my files are also defunct. blush I'll piggy back and update my old media fire link with a dropbox link.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JT Call
United States
Pocatello
Idaho
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
talusproteus wrote:
Fluffy James wrote:

I updated the original post with Dropbox links.

Hmm. It appears that my files are also defunct. blush I'll piggy back and update my old media fire link with a dropbox link.

Updated:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/l3pq469sm4fpipr/Space%20Hulk%20Mis...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.