Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mike Gallagher
United States
Fredericksburg
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
When setting up to enter a board as part of initial set up or entering after a scenario starts do the half hexes count as off or on board?
I assume off. That means you can set-up adjacent to an active whole hex off board or start one hex behind an active half hex. The half hex would be the first hex entered. That makes for odd set-ups.
Also on the narrow edges everything is a hex back.
I end up stacking on off board hexes adjacent to whole onboard hexes and then moving diagonally into half hexes.
Annoying
Mike G

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martí Cabré

Terrassa
Catalonia, Spain
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Half hexes are considered part of the board. So if you must enter from offboard you cannot set them up in half hexes.

I concur the suggestion to lay an unused map adjacent to your scenario map and set up your units there. You have to respect stacking limits and spend MF to enter the board, even spend MF moving in off-board hexes, if needed, as if they were Open Ground.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Gallagher
United States
Fredericksburg
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
So can one choose to be two hexes back on a road, or must you start adjacent? (not including specific SSRs)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martí Cabré

Terrassa
Catalonia, Spain
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You can choose to be two hexes back on a road. You don't need to start adjacent (except by SSR. Have not yet seen such a SSR.

Roads are understood to extend beyond offmap in the same row or column as their last hex in the map (which is always the same in every map). So you can use road rate offmap in those offmap hexes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.