Subject: Hi Guys rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Herman Husband
United States
Montana
flag msg tools
designer
I have known about this site for awhile,but thought I better join in... and learn from all of you.

I have been working on a history game (sort of) But before you slip into a coma -- I think I have been able to set it up using an approach that I have not seen before, that makes it fun.

I thought I would start learning from others mistakes -- as I have been learning from far too many of mine own lately in doing this. I bought some books a while ago on game board design, which were helpful.

I need to learn more about legal use of images, rules writing, game box design etc. It might be the wrong approach, but I have been leaning toward self-publishing for awhile.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Meredyth
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Welcome!

I think a history of board games sounds like a really interesting book! There is a Designer Forum (http://boardgamegeek.com/forum/974616/boardgamegeek/board-ga...). I bet they will be the most knowledgeable users about the legal aspects of games!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam H
Canada
Québec
flag msg tools
Every weirdo in the world is on my wavelength
badge
We carry a new world here, in our hearts.
mbmbmbmbmb
For the legal aspects, there is this excellent post and thread which has a lot of info: MythBusting: Game Design and Copyright, Trademarks, and Patents (US Law)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Cedro Gomes
Brazil
Aguas Claras
DF
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Welcome !!!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Herman Husband
United States
Montana
flag msg tools
designer
Thanks,I will be sure to check it out...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.