Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
4 Posts

Haggis» Forums » General

Subject: I want to help make Haggis famous, so I made this Haggis avatar for you. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Nick Bentley
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Here it is:

The background is the same pale blue that BGG uses so it blends in with the BGG background against which it appears, so there's nothing to distract from the glorious lump of Haggis.

I think Haggis is an extraordinary game, but since it's a card game with no other equipment I worry that it's not going to get the attention it deserves. To make sure other geeks know about it, I encourage you to use this image in your avatar, at least for a while. If many people do it at once it will be noticed. I've uploaded here on BGG so you can find it my gallery whenever you want (click on pic to go to gallery).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Ross
Canada
North Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: I want to help Haggis get notoriety, so I made this Haggis avatar for you.
That's sweet... revolting... but sweet.
laugh

Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Marshall
United States
Abingdon
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I absolutely love the fantastic card game Haggis so I agree with bringing attention to it. However I am often annoyed by the misuse of the word "notoriety" which means "the state of being known for some unfavorable act or quality."

I'm sure that was not your intent since you obviously like this "extraordinary game."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Bentley
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DaMarsh wrote:
I absolutely love the fantastic card game Haggis so I agree with bringing attention to it. However I am often annoyed by the misuse of the word "notoriety" which means "the state of being known for some unfavorable act or quality."

I'm sure that was not your intent since you obviously like this "extraordinary game."

*Red face*. Sorry. I even know what "notoriety" means. I sometimes write mindlessly.

[edit: now changed to stem the tide of idiocy]

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.