Popular Tags: [View All]
Paul Owen
United States
Lorton
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Some of the scenarios have victory conditions that require the entire team to meet some condition:
"Bldg. 26" requires "all team members within Bldg. XXVI and no insurgents" to win.
"Medic!" Competitive says "First entire team to arrive [in Yankee] wins."
[emphasis added]

Does that mean that if I have one team member killed, I can't win the game? If so, I assume that in a Competitive game, my opponent keeps playing (and I keep drawing insurgent cards), but if he loses one team member, then it's a draw.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mary Weisbeck
United States
Black Hawk
South Dakota
flag msg tools
"Blow up the damned ship, Jean-Luc!"
mbmbmbmbmb
I just took it to mean all "surviving" team members. So if you only have 3 left, they all have to meet the condition, not have a straggler somewhere.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Owen
United States
Lorton
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I thought of that, but then I thought, well, if I've got three guys in the building and one guy two blocks away, I just have the fourth guy get himself killed, and then I win. That just doesn't feel right. In a Solitaire game, I'll stick with the intent of the game and try to get the fourth guy across town and into the building. But in a Competitive game, if it's the difference between winning and losing, "I'm sorry, Private Delta, you're going to have to take one for the team." So that really doesn't feel right.

Oh, but here's another issue: What if I discover a WMD? The rules stipulate that I have to return the WMD to the green zone to win the scenario, on top of my other victory conditions. So in the case of Bldg 26, do I have to move the WMD to the green zone and then get him all the way back to rejoin the entire team in Bldg 26 and clear it? Yuck!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mary Weisbeck
United States
Black Hawk
South Dakota
flag msg tools
"Blow up the damned ship, Jean-Luc!"
mbmbmbmbmb
pdowen3 wrote:
I thought of that, but then I thought, well, if I've got three guys in the building and one guy two blocks away, I just have the fourth guy get himself killed, and then I win. That just doesn't feel right. In a Solitaire game, I'll stick with the intent of the game and try to get the fourth guy across town and into the building. But in a Competitive game, if it's the difference between winning and losing, "I'm sorry, Private Delta, you're going to have to take one for the team." So that really doesn't feel right.

I guess you could do that in a solitaire game but it feels like you're cheating to me. Like switching cards around in a game of Patience.

pdowen3 wrote:
Oh, but here's another issue: What if I discover a WMD? The rules stipulate that I have to return the WMD to the green zone to win the scenario, on top of my other victory conditions. So in the case of Bldg 26, do I have to move the WMD to the green zone and then get him all the way back to rejoin the entire team in Bldg 26 and clear it? Yuck!

Yeah, those WMDs are a pain in the ass. That's the chance you take when you open the unknown box, though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.