United States
Chelmsford
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
GRRRRR!!!
badge
GRRRRRRRRR!!
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't actually own the China/Korea board, so this is just a matter of Gamer Curiosity:

I've heard that when you use the China board, the power plant deck is not shuffled; instead, the plants just come up in numerical order.

Is it possible to use the promo cards with this model?
The Flux-Generator can obviously be slipped in after #33, but the rest of the promos depend on showing up "randomly".

I'm not going to lose any sleep over this, but I wanted to know.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fraser
Australia
Melbourne
flag msg tools
admin
designer
Back in the days when there were less maps we played every map back to back
badge
Ooh a little higher, now a bit to the left, a little more, a little more, just a bit more. Oooh yes, that's the spot!
mbmbmbmbmb
I remember when we were playing our 12 maps back to back extravaganza that we decided to ditch the promo cards that were available at the time because they did not really suit the theme of the China map. That was the Flux Generator and the Transformer station.

I don't have the rules handy, but from memory not all of the plants are in sorted order so they could be put in with those plants that are randomised, but I don't think I would bother myself.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mb
5-30 are in order. 31-35 shuffled with Step 3. 36-50 shuffled.

I would say 1 of 3 options if you want to include them:

1) Shuffle them up amongst themselves and place them between power plant 10 and 11 in the fixed order. They will all come out one right after another. (though the shortage and surplus wouldn't make sense.

2) Shuffle them into the 36-50 batch as Fraser said. But I think this would be pointless at that late stage of the game, you would never see them until Step 3 and their relative worth would probably be limited.

3) Don't shuffle them into the deck at all. Again, shuffle them amongst themselves but then randomly insert them evenly throughout the deck. Every 5-7 cards or so. That way you get a mix of when they come up - all throughout the steps. The order they come out is random but you still maintain the flavor of the China deck.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.