Roberto Bueno
Spain
Gijon
Asturias
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi there and many thanks in advance.

There is no other threads with doubts about this game, so I don't know if I should feel a bit dumb but I'd like to point out a couple of questions.

.- Change of phase: when there is only one tower standing up of the maximun height. So to change from phase 2 to 3, for instance, when there is only one tower of height 2 this occurs, right? no matter if there is another tower of height 1.

.- Pawn movement or introducing a new pawn on the board: you move your pawn to the first square of the color of the card already played. Nevertheless, you cannot go over other pawns or towers.
So I assume you can play one red card, for instance, just to move or enter your pawn close to a tower or another pawn (acting as a block way), not reaching any red square.
And, would it be possible to move your pawn out of the board in oredr to reenter it on a later turn? For instance, no black square from your pawn to the edge of the board, you play a black card and... can move your pawn on that direction?

Hope I have make myself understandable
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce Bridges
United States
Los Altos
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You are correct on both counts.

Great game, by the way. Highly underrated on BGG, probably due to the lack of an English release. You are going to really love the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roberto Bueno
Spain
Gijon
Asturias
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I love it indeed
doubts came after a 1st play.

Many thanks for the answer
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hank Panethiere
United States
Kirkwood
MO
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
gixmo wrote:

.- Pawn movement or introducing a new pawn on the board: you move your pawn to the first square of the color of the card already played. Nevertheless, you cannot go over other pawns or towers.
So I assume you can play one red card, for instance, just to move or enter your pawn close to a tower or another pawn (acting as a block way), not reaching any red square.
And, would it be possible to move your pawn out of the board in oredr to reenter it on a later turn? For instance, no black square from your pawn to the edge of the board, you play a black card and... can move your pawn on that direction?

This rule has me confused. It would seem you could play ANY card to enter the board (or move around) as long as the color of the card you play is on the other side of the pawns or towers blocking you and end your move next to the blocking piece. This just doesn't feel right...it takes away a lot of card strategy. Is there an official ruling on this anywhere?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Danny Perello
Canada
Salmo
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
Want DnDeeples? I'm on Esty as MagnificentMeeples.
mbmbmbmbmb
metalchorus wrote:
gixmo wrote:

This rule has me confused. It would seem you could play ANY card to enter the board (or move around) as long as the color of the card you play is on the other side of the pawns or towers blocking you and end your move next to the blocking piece. This just doesn't feel right...it takes away a lot of card strategy. Is there an official ruling on this anywhere?

Going by the example given in the rules you cannot play a card for a colour you cannot reach. In other words, you cannot play a black card to move your pawn already on the board or to introduce it to the board if you cannot reach a black space. Towers and other pawns working as barriers does not mean you simply stop your piece when you reach the barrier. If the way is blocked you cannot play the card. See example 2 in the rules.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hank Panethiere
United States
Kirkwood
MO
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Relax wrote:
metalchorus wrote:
gixmo wrote:

Going by the example given in the rules you cannot play a card for a colour you cannot reach. In other words, you cannot play a black card to move your pawn already on the board or to introduce it to the board if you cannot reach a black space. Towers and other pawns working as barriers does not mean you simply stop your piece when you reach the barrier. If the way is blocked you cannot play the card. See example 2 in the rules.

Thanks for the reply...that's how I interpreted the rule, but the previous poster's answer didn't make sense, that's why I asked for more input. Because the game doesn't have English rules I thought maybe there was a translation error. Thanks for helping.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Antonio Recuenco Muñoz
United Kingdom
Liverpool
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The border of the board (or its "beyond") doesn't have any colour; hence, it's not coherent with the other rules in the game that any card can be used to remove a piece from the board. It's not stated explicitly anywhere in the rulebook either, so it can be assumed pretty safely that such a move is not possible.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.