Kansas
flag msg tools
admin
designer
Hello.
badge
Welcome to my secret message.
mbmbmbmbmb
It is that time again, Tasty Minstrel Games has a large number of new releases coming, and as such has decided to bring a contest to BGG featuring the biggest prize package of any contest on BGG to date! There will be 15 grand-prize winners who will be getting a copy of JAB: Realtime Boxing, Eminent Domain, Belfort, and the 2nd Edition of Homesteaders.

Everything is available for direct purchase on http://playtmg.com, with a number of limited quantity launch specials available.

JAB: Realtime Boxing is a real-time boxing simulation. There are no turns, just the speed and intelligence with which you play the game.

Eminent Domain is the highly anticipated space empire building game that features deckbuilding. Before the game even finished the first print run of 5,000 it was already sold out, but there are copies available through playtmg.com

In Belfort, players take on the role of architects building a city in a fantasy world. You will need to manage your workers, hire new workers, choose wisely what buildings to build, and what guilds to participate in. All in an effort to exert control in more districts and with more workers than your opponents.

Homesteaders is a popular economic building game set in the old west. This is the second edition, which has 2 player rules and greatly improved production qualities.

So, enter the contest, and don't forget to signup for the Tasty Minstrel Games email list for a bonus 5 entries. If you are already subscribed to the list, then just click the button and get your 5 extra entries!

Enter now!
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Michaud
United States
Longwood
Florida
flag msg tools
On-Line Want List Generator - Hopefully Making Math Trades a Little Bit Easier
badge
Captain Kirk, Captain Picard, Captain Sisko, Captain Janeway, Captain Archer
mbmbmbmbmb
hey I got one answer correct with simply choosing the same choice for all answers (except the last, there was no choice to give a different email to TM than my BGG registered one... and my bgg registered one is unique only for BGG)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike McDrunk
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
Even a man who is pure in heart and says his prayers by night may become a wolf when the wolfbane blooms and the autumn moon is bright.
mbmbmbmbmb
Yay! 1 for 5!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip von Doomula
United States
Hermon
ME
flag msg tools
"Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination."
badge
I got in everyone's hostile little face. Yes, these are wooden cubes from boardgaming. Yes, I'm comfortable with that. I am enlightened.
mbmbmbmbmb
Am I the only one having problems with the "Enter now" link?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Thron
United States
Caldwell
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
As with each contest I enter here, I am so looking forward to congratulating the winners!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Rutherford
United States
Perrysburg
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
0 for 5, baby!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Powers
United States
McKinney
Texas
flag msg tools
Visit my comic at Liltoon.com
badge
I love exploring dungeons.
mbmbmbmbmb
I can't seem to get the enter page to load as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Minkoff
United States
Henrico
Virginia
flag msg tools
Dum, Dum, Dum dum dum, Dum!
badge
"Money isn't everything, but it's a tie-breaker in Power Grid!"
mbmbmbmbmb
8 entries for me. I never win though. soblue
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Jones
United States
Gainesville
Florida
flag msg tools
Yeah it's here! Really it's right here.
mbmbmbmbmb
Quarashi wrote:

I can't connect. (Just spinning, then a problem loading page)

I figured with it just getting posted, they are getting heavy traffic. Maybe I'll try back later.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Jones
United States
Gainesville
Florida
flag msg tools
Yeah it's here! Really it's right here.
mbmbmbmbmb
Guantanamo wrote:
Quarashi wrote:

I can't connect. (Just spinning, then a problem loading page)

I figured with it just getting posted, they are getting heavy traffic. Maybe I'll try back later.

Tried once more and it worked.

3 of 5 without any knowledge of the games (and no e-mail).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicholas Kinsman
Canada
Halifax
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow. They really are making us work for this one. =_=

Have to come back to this one after work ...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mc Jarvis
United States
Arlington
Virginia
flag msg tools
I speak to improve upon the cacophony.
badge
This heart is meant to convince you that I feel.
mbmbmbmbmb
ArcticLancer wrote:

I guess they want the games to go to people who really want them. Normally I look until I get 5/5, but these questions seemed hard enough that I just decided to save time & guess.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Norris
United States
Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
...and J-Pop too!!!!
badge
Raina rocks!!!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
YES! 0 out of 5!!!!

Come on my 1 entry...don't fail me now!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Mindes
United States
Mountain Green
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
McJarvis wrote:
ArcticLancer wrote:

I guess they want the games to go to people who really want them. Normally I look until I get 5/5, but these questions seemed hard enough that I just decided to save time & guess.

I suppose there may be too many rulebooks to go through then?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mc Jarvis
United States
Arlington
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DrMayhem wrote:
McJarvis wrote:
ArcticLancer wrote:

Pretty much. Normally I read the rulebook for the one game, it takes about ten minutes, and I can answer the questions from that. (Or if I get really lucky, they make the questions answerable from the BGG entry itself! )

Admittedly, this may be a laziness issue on my side more than a "Mr. Mindes made a bad contest" issue :-)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Mindes
United States
Mountain Green
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
McJarvis wrote:
DrMayhem wrote:
McJarvis wrote:
ArcticLancer wrote:

Pretty much. Normally I read the rulebook for the one game, it takes about ten minutes, and I can answer the questions from that. (Or if I get really lucky, they make the questions answerable from the BGG entry itself! )

Admittedly, this may be a laziness issue on my side more than a "Mr. Mindes made a bad contest" issue :-)

Looks like this will make signing up for the email list more valuable that I thought at first, since many people will be guessing for answers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Netherlands
flag msg tools
       This space              intentionally              left blank.
badge
4 answers correct; had to make educated guesses on two questions as I couldn't determine the correct answer for certain - only knew two of the answers which it definitely couldn't be.

I have the same issue as JeffyJeff - might actually want to sign up for this newsletter, as both Belfort and Eminent Domain interest me quite a bit (and the rulebook made Homesteaders look interesting as well) - but not with my unique-to-bgg email address. :/
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mc Jarvis
United States
Arlington
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DrMayhem wrote:

Looks like this will make signing up for the email list more valuable that I thought at first, since many people will be guessing for answers.

Maybe everyone will ready this & decide that putting in the gruntwork reading the rulebooks will be more worth it because of slackers like me!

Thanks for offering so many games up for prizes. It's cool to see a contest with this big of a payout.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hahn Arama
United States
flag msg tools
I had a guide, a Bedouin man, who called me 'Abu el Banat'. And whenever we'd meet another Bedouin, he'd introduce me as Abu el Banat. And the Bedouin would laugh and laugh and offer me a pint of beer. (cont below)
badge
And I'd go to pay them for the beer and they wouldn't let me. "Abu el Banat" means "Father of daughters." They thought the beer was the least they could do.
mbmbmbmbmb
It only takes 1 to win. That's all I'm saying.

(fingers crossed Eminent Domain)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seth Jaffee
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
For the record, I don't think it's asking too much to "make people do more work" in order to get more entries into a contest for a BUNCH of free games. You're of course welcome to NOT enter, but I think you'll have a lot more fun if you do - and I don't just mean a lot more fun figuring out the answers, but also because then you'll be interested in these 4 very fun games!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seth Jaffee
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
a_traveler wrote:
4 answers correct; had to make educated guesses on two questions as I couldn't determine the correct answer for certain - only knew two of the answers which it definitely couldn't be.

I have the same issue as JeffyJeff - might actually want to sign up for this newsletter, as both Belfort and Eminent Domain interest me quite a bit (and the rulebook made Homesteaders look interesting as well) - but not with my unique-to-bgg email address. :/

While it won't get you contest entries, you can subscribe to the email list at PlayTMG.com.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Everts
United States
Foothill Ranch
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
"Nobody gets me. I'm the wind, baby!" - Tom Servo
badge
"Push the button, Frank!"
mbmbmbmbmb
Doh! Already pre-ordered all these games. Wouldn't it be ironic if my first contest win after entering dozens of these would be this one?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mc Jarvis
United States
Arlington
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
sedjtroll wrote:
I don't think it's asking too much to "make people do more work" in order to get more entries into a contest for a BUNCH of free games.

I think they are Tasty Minstrel's games and ya'll are perfectly reasonable to ask whatever amount of work for the contest you decide to host. I was in no way trying to attack you guys in any way; I was merely stating my own level of laziness.

I do think it might be an aversion to reading, though. I'd love a contest where all I had to do was watch four Tom Vassel video reviews to answer the questions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aleksander R. Nordgarden Rødner
Norway
Oslo
Oslo
flag msg tools
designer
Proud father of Sarah Arwen and Ruth Rose
badge
Would really like to study U.S. History at some point, just to be able to say that I'm a Coolidge student...
mbmbmbmbmb
PThron wrote:
As with each contest I enter here, I am so looking forward to congratulating the winners!
And me,
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Warnken
United States
Harrison
Ohio
flag msg tools
I'm not crazy. My mother had me tested.
badge
Impeachment time
mbmbmbmbmb
Got 3 right plus signed up for the newsletter.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [9] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.