6 Posts

Warrior Knights» Forums » Rules

Subject: Some Event cards (Famine, Sick Noble and Plague) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Magne man
msg tools
mb
Hi. There are som Event cards that I wasn't sure how to interpret.

*Famine: Your largest army takes casualties equal to half its strength (round casualties down.

The following scenario happened in one of our games: A player had a noble and mercenaries and regulars that totalled to a strenght of 350 (noble +200 and 150 from troops). Should the noble take casualties from troops only or should the +200 be taken into consideration as well? If the noble has troops with a total strenght of 150, does that mean that the army won't take casualties?

*Sick Noble: Randomly choose one of your Nobles and exhaust him.

What if a Faith cards picks a noble that is already exhausted or is off-board?

*Plague: Randomly choose one of your cities. All Nobles in that city die.

What if the Faith card picks a city that contains no nobles?

Thanks in advance.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Schulzetenberg
United States
Los Angeles
CA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Famine - It's only half of the 150 troops. Remember that a noble's +200 only allows him to draw two extra cards, and then discard two cards. It doesn't actually count as 200 troops.

Sick Noble - I don't feel certain of this response, but I would say that if he is off-board or exhausted, you would not have to choose a different noble. You just got lucky and dodged the event.

Plague - If there's no nobles in the city, nobody dies. Lucky you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Magne man
msg tools
mb
Does that mean that if you have 150 troops, then you don't get any casualties or do you get 100?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Schulzetenberg
United States
Los Angeles
CA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Famine says you take half, rounded down. Half of 150 is 75, and since the casualty counters only come in 100s, you would round 75 down to 0, and the army wouldn't take any casualties.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Magne man
msg tools
mb
Thanks, was wondering if I should round down all the time or only when it would be a "tie" (for instance, half of 300 is 150, round down to 100, half of 150 is 75, round up to 100).

EDIT: I edited so many times, that I now posted numbers instead of "edits" before the questions.

Question no. 1:
Charges and offices are voted on, right? They're not selected randomly through Faith cards?

Question no. 2:
I'm also wondering, if you use a Mobilize Forces card to move one of your nobles into an area and attack an opposing noble, and you have an unexhausted noble there from before, both can join the battle, but do both of the attackers get exhausted after the combat? Defenders never get exhausted if they're attacked, am I right?

Question no. 3:
Let's say 4 people are attending the Assembly.
An Agenda card says select a baron. Player 1 and player 2 choose baron A. Player 3 and player 4 choose baron B. Player 1 has 7 votes, player 2 has 3 votes, player 3 and 4 both have 6 votes.

Now. This means that player 1 and 2 have a combined total of 10 votes, while player 3 and 4 have 12 votes.

Does the game work in the way that the player with the most votes get to choose (which would be player 1) or will the player with the highest total number of votes in his favor be affected?

Question no. 4:
If you have 2 nobles in the same area (both unexhausted) and you're moving to another area which also contains one of your unexhausted nobles, is it possible to first give some troops to the moving noble from the one in the area the noble is moving away from, and give the moving noble additional troops from the noble in the area the moving noble is moving into, or does it only work between nobles in the same area the noble is moving AWAY from? I'm generally unsure about when you can and when you can't transfer troops between nobles while doing Agenda cards.

Question no. 5:
If you have an unexhausted noble in an area that contains your stronghold, and one of the opposing nobles also is in the area, is it possible to transfer troops from your stronghold to your noble if you're just attacking the opposing noble in the same area, not moving? (Reffering to the rule about transferring troops when moving).

Question no. 6:
The official FAQ says the following:
"Q: My Noble is sieging a city and takes casualties, such
that he no longer has enough strength to siege the city on
a future turn. Can I have another Noble enter the area and
assist in the siege?
A: Yes, you may have another Noble assist in a siege. You
could even have a different Noble enter the area while the
first Noble leaves, so that a different Noble finishes the
siege. However, if you ever leave the area of the siege
without any Nobles, the siege is lifted."

What does "assist in the siege" mean? Does it mean that the other noble also attacks the city by sieging, so that when sieging, the combined strenght from both nobles are counted?

Thanks in advance.

EDIT: I edited so many times, that I now posted numbers instead of "edits" before the questions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Magne man
msg tools
mb
Hi. There's been almost 3 weeks since I posted my previous post, and I have a new Warrior Knights game coming up in a couple of days, so I really need these rules sorted out.

Again, thanks in advance.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.