Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Wanda Davies
United States
Olympia
Washington (WA)
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Here and there when reading, I discover bits and pieces about what's to come next from Venatic. They've seemingly abandoned their DoA forums and stopped printing the game in order to focus on other areas of the Worldspanner line. Does anyone have an idea as to what's coming next and when? I read something about an RPG, but that was in an article written in 2005...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gregory Amstutz
United States
Chula Vista
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This was the last posting on the Worldspanner forum, posted on Memorial Day...

Quote:
The Beta is heading into a post-Beta period, where there's little left but nitpicking. We weren't planning to begin work on setting up actual production until the end of the year, but we'll be starting to look late this summer. All of the finals for the game components are complete, except for five remaining character illustrations, the boxes and some odds and ends.

I am doubtful for a relationship with a partner game company (Fantasy Flight, etc.). DoA2 will have to have a Full Set issued early, because the current crop of DoA players will be dissatisfied if the whole game is not available immediately. We want the entire series to revolve around a master box, and a game partner may not think its readily sellable. In addition, DoA2's value to our future work requires us to keep tight control of its Intellectual Property, which will likely be a sticking point with a company like FFG.

One option is to handle manufacturing ourselves, then use a company like FFG to sell/distribute. But there are issues with that as well. We have a great deal of research and discussion ahead of us.

As a result, it means likely no partners to pool funding, and that may be a sticking point depending on how our research into manufacturing costs goes. We'll be starting with Carta Mundi (old Yaquinto) in Texas, and go from there.

BTW, metworksolutions.com is a terrible web host, as shown by the awful response times of this site. We'll have to do something about that before production.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wanda Davies
United States
Olympia
Washington (WA)
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Thank you, Gregory. I went to the site and checked it out. Tried to register, but it failed. Judging by the small amount of posts there, I'm assuming registration is closed to the general public? Anyway, I'm excited to see what Venatic comes up with. Their philosophy is so different from the other visible companies and it'll make for a much less predictable result, I think.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Fisher
United States
Downingtown
PA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
They should get this on kickstarter.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dennis Gadgaard
Denmark
Copenhagen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Check out worldspanner.net
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Fisher
United States
Downingtown
PA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DenGad wrote:

Most of that seemed to be blocked for me, but from the main forum page, it seemed like nothing since August?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dennis Gadgaard
Denmark
Copenhagen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
lfisher wrote:
DenGad wrote:

Most of that seemed to be blocked for me, but from the main forum page, it seemed like nothing since August?

Sounds about right. Updates are not frequent, but it seems a lot gets done between them. I'm confident that Brett is moving forward on this and I'm looking forward to the finished result.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ray Smith
United States
Newburg
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Stay thirsty my friends.
mbmbmbmbmb
DenGad wrote:
lfisher wrote:
DenGad wrote:

Sounds about right. Updates are not frequent, but it seems a lot gets done between them. I'm confident that Brett is moving forward on this and I'm looking forward to the finished result.

Ditto.
Although it would be nice if he threw us a bone on a more frequent basis, just to keep us salivating.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.